Starting the conversation

Great to see some more old chums :grin:

4 Likes

I am Paul and I live in the Netherlands. I am happy to see there is a new community now thatā€™s not affiliated to a particular FinTech.

7 Likes

Hi all :wave:
Just decided to give here a go.

4 Likes

Thanks for setting this up @Mathew!

I do indeed remember when Monzo was Mondo! But ā€œfull Starlingā€ these days.

Looking forward to being a part of this community!

4 Likes

This looks like fun :slight_smile:

Nice job @Mathew, looking forward to seeing how this place turns out

5 Likes

Howdy yaā€™ll!

N26Throwaway here! (Not affiliated with N26, nor is this a throwaway account!)

This was meant to be a throwaway account Iā€™d never use again on the Monzo forums, then N26 shut down, and I became less of a lurker and more involved in Fintech discussion. For better or worse, this is how Iā€™m now identified across Fintech communities besides Atomā€™s kitchen, so decided to stick with it here too.

Glad to see this place exist. I too miss FTT, and I hope this succeeds in filling a void there. Iā€™m sure the members from there who lurk on the Monzo forum will find it sign up, and hopefully more of the Monzo folk will give this place a chance too and get involved to hopefully invoke a better balance than FTT had at times. Nice to see a few have already signed up here who were absent from FTT, and equally nice to see some of the FTT regulars here too.

8 Likes

Thanks for starting this forum @Mathew, and best of luck. I was sad to see the toll taken on Liam. I sincerely hope the same trolls donā€™t come for you too. Letā€™s all be vigilant and report any funny business.

Iā€™ve administrated a few Discourse forums, and helped Liam moderate FTT, so if you ever need any assistance on the mod front, let me know as Iā€™m happy to help.

7 Likes

Hello all! :wave:

Not sure if Iā€™m the first here to represent a fintech, but Iā€™m sure there will be a few lurking around in due course :slight_smile:

I did check with @Mathew that it was OK to sign up and chat, so hope you donā€™t mind if I join in occasionally?

I was a big fan of FTT and spent a lot of time there reading about all sorts of really insightful feedback about brands, innovations, services, etc from a customer perspective. I chose not to reply too often, which is hard for me, but thereā€™s definitely much to be said for listening more.

I do hope that all the great content so many people created will be available again one day, if only as an archive. There were some really good topics, but I understand the stresses of being an admin. I hope this place becomes a new home for that creative discussion again.

Congratulations @Mathew and all the early adopters! All the very best with this project

(edit - as always, I use the company name not for promotion but to be open about my affiliation so thereā€™s no sense Iā€™m trying to mislead)

14 Likes

I can only echo the sentiments of others with regards to Liam and FTT and I too would like to express my thanks for the efforts he had put in building FTT.

I wish @Mathew great success with this new forum.

8 Likes

Hi everyone! Itā€™s really nice to see some familiar profile pictures and usernames again :slight_smile: I hugely missed FTT - I always found the discussion and moderation there was refreshingly calm and friendly, and of course independent from any one single company which I think is really important. Massive thanks to @Mathew for setting this place up, I know there are a lot of us who really appreciate it and value your time in doing so.

This is a great point. I found Fintech Talk had ended up becoming a really valuable educational resource for those troubleshooting issues with their accounts and also for those interested in finding out how financial services operate (@Sebā€™s responses were always particularly fascinating!).

Anyway, hereā€™s to a hopefully long and civilised future for Fintech Forum! :+1:

11 Likes

I would second all of that and, just to say, wow!

Thatā€™s very kind of you to mention me specifically, hopefully I can keep up a high standard of contribution to the new site.

There were lots of names Iā€™m pleased to see back too, including you but also many others in this thread including @Rob, @Graham, @IvanDP and @Anarchist. Iā€™m sure there are others Iā€™ve yet to notice too.

I would also agree with @anon62949695 that Iā€™m a fintech-aholic, so itā€™s nice to have once again have a place where we can discuss our collective obsession without prejudice!

10 Likes

I also look forward to seeing how this forum develops.

As others have said, good to see so many familiar names :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you for setting this up. Iā€™ve come across from Fintech Talk and good to see familiar faces!!

3 Likes

Excellent to see this set up @Mathew

May not post lots on previous tech talk or Monzo but read every single day.

Looking forward to some interesting conversations.

4 Likes

Welcome aboard :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Good to see a professional well organised new fin tech forum.

5 Likes

Good to see you, Manda. :relieved:

2 Likes

If that sentence was a pint of lager, it would probably be the best lager in the world :+1:

7 Likes

Good to see you back Johnny (the Lego profile pic is a dead giveaway!). I believe you departed FTT at the time of banner-gate?

1 Like

thatā€™s cool, I hadnā€™t noticed the avatar was lego