The Tandem thread

I didn’t like how it retained an account against a fixed saver even though it was unlinked & support originally didn’t inform me of this. Given they only have two products they are pretty poorly linked imo. I am going to give them feedback that they should show the linked current account for each fixed saver - but I don’t see them working on the app a lot.

I assume you can change the fixed savers linked account to another of the accounts connected as you wish - as at maturity it allowed me to pick any of my linked accounts for the capital and interest - even though an agent told me previously only the linked one would show. It’s odd how then the interest defaults to one in the background which you can’t see, if you reinvest or have the matured funds paid to your instant access.

It just doesn’t feel very cohesive imo - which is a shame as I am keen on an app based approach to saving with good rates.

1 Like

I’d have to agree with you mate :+1:

1 Like

Pots and other changes coming to the tandem app, according to an email today.

Good news

They also show a running total for fixed savers with a bit of a UI tidy up of late

They need to show the linked current to each fixed saver in app next

1 Like

When did you get that email? I don’t seem to have it!

Yesterday, 6 Dec, early afternoon

1 Like

Liking the pots feature. Pity they don’t do a cash ISA though (unless it’s hidden).

Do any of the other savings places have a pots ISA?

Zopa might be the closest

Looks like I’ll be heading fo Zopa in April then, unless Tandem add an ISA.

Tandem’s latest email says that, for their instant access savings account, they are reducing the notice period for interest rate changes (base and top-up) from 30 to 14 days. I can’t help wondering if what’s coming next might be a reduction in the rate?

1 Like

There will be at some point in the not too distant future - rates have peaked.

Top up rate going down by 0.1% in 30 days, effective total rate will be 4.9%.

Not sure if anyone still uses Tandem for savings but they have an outage/intermittent issues with withdrawals. I have got a decent sum hanging at the moment, not the best feeling!

Still ongoing. You’ll get your cash ‘sometime’.

Yes still ongoing, the app is displaying the same banner. Given the customer support ends at 5pm it’s not brilliant, there is no transaction data available in the app once you send a payment. It’s a closed loop system so I can’t see any outcome where I don’t get my funds and probably wouldn’t be funding my ISA for a few days anyway as I’m waiting for things in the post, but it’s not on!

Wonder which bank is next to have issues? Seems to have been a bit of a run of problems in various banks lately.

Just goes to show that you’re best to spread it around a bit.

Seems I just picked a bad time to move the money - I might leave it a week after the end of the tax year next time :rofl:

I sent a pound later in the day (I’m not putting it all in the ISA) before their issues were publicised and that went through - the bulk of it that’s in the ether :face_exhaling:

For the record and to warn others - since 9am this morning Tandem have been entirely in contactable via chat and phone - there are several others on MSE with the same issue of payments being stuck since the weekend, poor trust pilot reviews are also building up.

I have three fixed savers left with them after this, I wonder if there would be a way to take an interest penalty just to get out, my trust in them is shot.

I am glad I am in a good place presently as if this issue happened at another stage in my life it would have caused serious serious worry.

1 Like

You might be able to get out with a penalty, but that presupposes that you can contact them to kick it off.

This is the problem with having a ‘lean’ support team around a ‘simple’ product. When the tech behind that ‘simple’ product fails, they have no way at all of adequately servicing the spike in support.

I’ve had the same thing with TSB, of all places, recently. Switch away was delayed because of an issue their end. A bit of sleuthing on X reveals all the switches away due to complete on March 26th were affected. As a result, I ended up on the phone (the only way of accessing them, officially) on hold for over 3 hours before my earbuds died.

Have a think about a reasonable value you might want in compensation for this, and put a complaint in when all’s done. Bear in mind that it’ll cost them £750 if you aren’t happy with their resolution to your complaint and so forward it on to the FOS.

I agree with your suspicion that the new tax year hasn’t helped either - I always try and avoid doing anything time sensitive with savings around the tax year change for that reason.