The Zopa savings thread

Mine took similar times tbf. All via FP.

2 Likes

Interesting. My transfers have been slower today. Maybe struck lucky yesterday.

Nonetheless, it feels like a good move. :blush:

1 Like

I opened a Smart Saver account yesterday too and made my first FPS transfer at about 9.15 last night. By 9.45pm it still hasn’t arrived so went to bed a little anxious (in these days of instant bank transfers half an hour felt like an eternity!). Anyways it arrived a few minutes thereafter.

I like (1) the rates, (2) the ability to create pots with differing notice requirements, and (3) how simple it’s been implemented.

2 Likes

I have opened a Zopa account and moved some money into a 95 day pot like the choice and the higher pot rates.

2 Likes

I’m curious and may end up biting the bullet. Do they offer referrals? Happy to use a link if they do

Not that I see. For me, a breathe of fresh air.

3 Likes

It’s good - wish I hadn’t parked money in Raisin but can move it over in August…

As long as you give notice as soon as you’ve opened a pot - rates are surely going to go up…

2 Likes

Transfer via open banking took 10 minutes for me. Maybe it depends on the bank… :grin:

I’ve always been impressed with zopa so not surprised their savings option is good.

2 Likes

I take this back. Zopa has just increased rates, including on my existing pots. Very nice to see.

Now:

Easy access 1.81%
7 day 1.85%
31 day 1.95%
95 day 2.05%

3 Likes

You beat me by one minute :wink:

Demolishes Chase…

2 Likes

Blimey - hadn’t noticed. :grin:

Glad I jumped ship - Chase really do have to consider their offerings now….:thinking:

2 Likes

Moved my funds from Chase to Zopa tonight. 20 minutes before the ping of it being received and now safely stored in respective pots, all with notice given :smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing rate increase

1 Like

Trying to withdraw from Zopa instant access pot, I get an error…

“Something went wrong. Please try again”

Trying again gets me the same message.

Trying again and the transfer goes through

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

They had issues yesterday. I wonder if there is a residual issue today.

My money goes in to Zopa tomorrow (pay day) so see if issue then.

I’d say smooth withdrawals are more important though as usually done for a reason.

1 Like

No better people than our own savers to keep an eye on them. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Trying to withdraw a few hundred this morning and just getting “Something went wrong on our side”. Not good.

1 Like

Same. Not impressed tbh.

1 Like

Yep, me too. A message would be nice.

1 Like