Tymit removing section 75 protection

I read it somewhere here it a sub prime card I took a look at it myself they offer nothing else that much different from a Aqua card

Yes I am with you paying in full am assessing this on my circumstances my credit report says I have 13 credit cards technically I donā€™t need a credit card I asked about the Apr because I think it would be silly to apply for a card at 30apr no cashback, no reward not even a signup bonus, I applied for a Asda jaja card this year because they were offering sign up Asda pound and interest free period I ended up liking the app am assuming this card would be offering me something not just another card

I had problems with the app earlier this year. I went to close the account however they offered me a increase on a very low credit limit. Despite providing customer services with a great deal of detailed information with the problems I was having. I was advised to go through the passcode reset but it never worked. Have had a JAJA card but never lived up to the promising start, Tandem card until they started charging.

Opened a Royal Bank of Scotland credit card account at the start of the Tymit issues before they increased the credit limit. Good starting credit limit, low APR (12.9%), instant notifications at home and abroad with instant conversion to GBP plus web browser based access account management as well as via the app. I have used the card far more that my other cards. I also have a Barclaycard rewards card, Halifax clarity card, and Nationwide member card but they do not have the instant notifications. Amex was OK but it isnā€™t accepted widely enough unfortunately.

Itā€™s the best credit card for travel - if it were offered by a fintech itā€™d be talk of the town!

Arenā€™t they not taking on new customers?

They ditched the BNPL in 3 a bit back, and together with the need they are dropping Section 75, I assume they are circling the drain

Their App still says they are not accepting new applications. It looks like they have split tymit into two sub businesses.

Their flexible account offering (which they are offering as a service to merchants/businesses to offer it as a payment method)

The Tymit Card offering which is their BNPL account credit card which i think they will drop of the latter is more successful. They are branching into a busy market with zilch and klarna etc

No I think they are going NewDay Route

I donā€™t think they are. Thatā€™s more Jaja thing with Asda Money and the AA Credit Card.

Tymit have already got a retailer offering Tymit as an online account but now pay later service similar to having like a catalogue account or a Argos card.

Fully moved over to JaJa (Asda) now and closed Tymit.

Itā€™s a shame as I thought they were okay and Iā€™m sure their replacement scheme for section 75 is probably fine but for me I donā€™t want to be doing something different to the rest of the credit card market.

JaJa seems fine, payments received are not as instantly recognised but other than that all seems good and now I get cashback to spend at Asda!

I regret Jaja Asda. Filled up at the petrol station and itā€™s still holding Ā£100 four days later.

There is no updating to the correct Ā£54 I filled up. Even NewDay cards update faster.

Depends on the day. I find filling on Friday means the adjustment sometimes doesnā€™t happen until Monday (i.e. the next business day) with various cards.

You should not really care it not like you would have to pay it back same day

It reduced your available credit so yes it is fustrating.

By available credit am thinking you meant on credit report perspective? it takes a while to report and I donā€™t think pending transaction are reported however if you meant Ā£100 less in available credit on the card it time to get a new card with good limits or ask for a increase

My credit limit is over Ā£8,000 thats not the issue. The issue is the balance and available credit being way off because my fuel transactions are not updating.

This makes it harder to track fuel spend because the balance doesnā€™t reflect how much I actually spent on fuel for up to 6 days after. Which is something only JAJA cards do.

Rebel my friend. This is going way off topic. Letā€™s leave it there.

I closed my Tymit account over a week ago and I am still able to use the app as if nothing has changed.

Anyone who closed their account, please tell me how long it took for account to actually close properly?

When I closed mine they said that I would still have access to the app and data for a ā€œperiod of timeā€ - not specified.

I assume it is to stop people requesting statements or querying things on past recent transactions.

1 Like