Welcome Manda! - new moderator

First off, a big thank you to everyone who put their name forward, either in the public thread or via private message, to join the mod team

After a long discussion behind the scenes and filtering it down to a few potential mods, we’d like to welcome @Gallifreyangirl to the team! It was a tricky choice, but I’m sure we can all agree she will be an asset to this forum, especially as it grows

On a related note, we have also published forum rules to help keep things consistent

7 Likes

Just @Gallifreyangirl added [so far anyway] in the “About” section. R-

You were a bit too quick for me @anon62949695, but yes, we’re welcoming @Gallifreyangirl to the mod team!

3 Likes

Congratulations @Gallifreyangirl :tada::tada::tada:

3 Likes

Congratulations @Gallifreyangirl.

A good upgrade to the forum rules @Mathew.

R-

3 Likes

Congrats @Gallifreyangirl! A great addition!

Nice to see some proper forum rules too! Much clearer than what we had with the FAQ

4 Likes

Do you mean as Mathew has done in the first post? Or someting else? R-

Every user should receive the first post as an email. All new users have to tick a box to confirm they agree to the rules before joining.

I’ll see if there’s a way of pinning it. I’m not sure if it’s possible because of the format, but I’ll try!

3 Likes

An absolutely excellent addition to the team!

I think @Gallifreyangirl will be perfect in striking an even-handed and fair balance between when to intervene to gently nudge us back on track, and when to allow discussions the space to flourish on their own (although I’m looking forward to contributions when not wearing the “moderator hat” too).

I was absolutely shocked, and also flattered, to see my own name suggested in the discussion thread the other day, so much so that I didn’t respond at the time as I had to think of what to say, and then the thread got derailed and locked so I didn’t get the chance anyway. While this is not the best place for it, I would just like to put on public record that I’m sure others are much better qualified than I am, and I’m extremely pleased to see @Gallifreyangirl now in post.

Congratulations! :partying_face:

5 Likes

Welcome @Gallifreyangirl :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I will do my best.

6 Likes

Ooo I missed this, belated congrats!

5 Likes