Wise former US Partner Bank Data Breach

2 Likes

Got their email earlier. Annoying how the email makes it sound like there’s nothing to worry about, then you click through for more details and find they have your name, address, date of birth, email, phone… even worse if you’re in the US as they have your SSN.

3 Likes

Yup.

An incredibly concerning data breach that the email significantly downplays.

It’s worth bearing in mind that we don’t yet know which (if any) details are impacted though. Could be none of it, could be all of it. I’ll update the thread as new details emerge. For now though, my mantra is to assume they got the lot, and take precautions in proportion to that assumption.

1 Like

If I never had a USD account open in the wise app does that mean my data wasn’t shared with the US bank partner?

I’m inclined to believe you’ll only be affected by this if you held a USD account between that date range. The partner only needed that information to service the account. So in theory, if you never opened one, the data was never handed over. But, they’re not completely clear about that, and I wouldn’t rule out the possibility of that information being shared ahead of time in case you wanted to open one, given how instantaneous and seamless the process is.

For clarity, you’d need to ask Wise.

1 Like

Following the data breach, Wise are now offering free credit report monitoring through TrueIdentity provided by Transunion for 12 months.

1 Like

I get that one from MSE already. :frowning:

I’d have appreciated Experian.

I also wonder why they opted for Transunion that is offered by almost everyone. All banks that offer reports also use Transunion

1 Like

I suspect the fact everyone else offers that one for free may be a clue as to why it’s that one. Cheap.