YouGov Finance - Digital Vault

I’ve just got my first £50, took me 3 years! Have started again. R-

2 Likes

I was getting £50 every three months as I have more than 10 current accounts whose data they are more than free to see, so selected ten of those.

All removed now. 50 + 10 pts today for a couple of surveys. I’ll plod on to the finish line, then finish.

I got the money from them once as I have a similar setup with loads of spare accounts, but in recent months haven’t been able to log in since they use a magic link via email rather than a username and password and I think they didn’t update their process when Google tightened their filtering so the emails just ended up vanishing into the ether

Me too. I am 1600 points away, between safe and a few surveys I’ll continue ahead.

1 Like

I am not subscribed to Safe or Pulse (assuming they are different things).

Had been uneasy attaching bank accounts, hence I manufactured data between 10 of my least used current accounts to qualify, without exposing my true financial data to them.

Not sure how valuable data of £1 transfers, bouncing between bank accounts, would be to them, or their sponsors tbh. And I bet a lot of the data accrued may have been of a similar (useless) nature.

2 Likes

I was informed of surveys via notifications from their app.

I then located the associated email in my largely unused email account to follow that link.

Did you not have the app?

I get like twice or thrice a year. There are months when I get bombarded with surveys

1 Like

I get their emails on my Gmail burner account.

No, I don’t believe I ever had the app, just used it on the website

Ah wow, that rules that theory out, maybe they just didn’t like me! I have emails from them from May 2023 through to January this year, but not had a thing since, despite trying to log in multiple times to try and get the cash again!

I use Safe but not Pulse. Way too invasive for a mere 100 points a month. Imagine, a free £50 every 4 years and 2 months.

I do however use Safe, because most of it is a junk profile I barely watched it on or things that don’t represent my patterns anymore.

1 Like

I think, reading between the lines, the problem for YouGov was the payment model - they gave you a fiver regardless if there was 2 transactions for that entire period or 2000.

I suspect they’ll come back with a flat rate per transaction captured. Maybe even a capped cashback.

1 Like