Young Saver Accounts

A few years ago, I set up a small fund for my nephew with a local building society (account in his name, but only I can withdraw until he’s 18). It was a good rate at the time for a relatively small amount.

Now, the fund has grown, and I’m looking to see if I can do anything better with it.

So, any suggestions for good apps? Happy to lock funds away as he still has a few years before he can access them.

Is it really apps that you are interested in, or accounts, Mathew, as many Junior accounts do not have apps, looking at Moneyfacts web page.

Nationwide Building Society, at 2%, is the highest well known institution with an app that I can see.

:face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth: I meant accounts.

But if it had a nice app, I could be tempted :wink:

1 Like

I think the issue may be opening an account for a minor, of whom you are not parent/guardian, yet retaining hold over the account until they are 18.

Things are not as easy as they used to be.

2 Likes

I have Wealthify accounts for my kids.

2 Likes

I have an easy access saver in my name, but for kid’s savings, then periodically move when it’s built up too much from there to the Vanguard Junior SS ISA. If you’re going to hold the funds for 10+ years, there’s no point putting it into a savings account

2 Likes