Account feature matrix

Bit of a community project - I’ve created a post to highlight some of the features available for different accounts.

It’s a wiki post, so anyone can edit it.

There’s an editable version here - Account Overview

There’s a public stand alone version, here - https://fintechforum.uk/pub/account-overview

1 Like

I love this!

My only question is, what does the instant refer to? Transfers?

3 Likes

In my mind I had “availability”. So yea, I guess transfers. Just the thought of someone sent me £10, would it appear straightaway/within the hour, or would it take a few hours (not sure how many providers are still like that actually?)

2 Likes

For cheque deposits, I marked Monzo as supporting them, as you can mail them in, but for clarity, is this meant to be for general support, or cheque imaging?

1 Like

Excellent work! Perhaps have “digital cheque deposits” as a separate feature?

4 Likes

Also add fee-free use abroad.

2 Likes

If you send money from Revolut, it is received instantly UK to UK

Only delays I receive are banks which cannot receive instantly

Edit, same for receiving the money

1 Like

Would folks prefer RBS to be separate or bundle them under NatWest?

Maybe split the headings into:

• Cheque Books
  • Cheque Deposits
  • Cheque Imaging
  • Cash deposits

And add:

• Fee-free Abroad

For both business and personal. Although we may need to use some emojis or shorten some words to make it look tidy.

2 Likes

I’ve added the feature sets for Barclays, Monzo, and Revolut. Will do RBS/NatWest later unless someone beats me to them.

I’ll also add Triodos.

Edit: done Triodos. I’ve marked them as supporting notifications, because they do, with the caveat they’re delivered by SMS. Some feel free for to amend that if they’d rather it just represent in app push notifications.

2 Likes

Dozens spend notifications are a head scratch. Sometimes I get them, sometimes I don’t…

How about adding “Mobile Wallets” - something that should be pretty standard these days? (Here’s looking at you :jaja: :roll_eyes:)

4 Likes

I’m not sure how to change it, but Lloyds Personal does everything in the list

2 Likes

Thanks @DD04 - Updated.

@Rob - Good idea. I’ve added some extra columns for them :slight_smile: (added the big red x’s for Jaja too)

5 Likes

Thanks for putting this up really good overview on account and their offerings including business and credit cards.

4 Likes

What did you have in mind with how that relates to credit cards? instant reflection on payments (paying off the card)?

1 Like

Dozens & Rev have Google Pay. I beleive Apple Pay too?

1 Like

What about things like instant bank transfers & linked accounts? (for free!

1 Like

This is amazing! Thanks Mathew!

Could the logos perhaps link to their websites? I don’t even know what some of them are, like the business credit card entry, which looks decent!

3 Likes

Absolutely. Will get that sorted :slightly_smiling_face:

I guess so, yea. And the same with purchases?

Thanks @Rexx - will get that updated!

2 Likes