Aggregator apps

£50 cash now in my current account.

First transfer, to Monzo, failed for reasons unknown, but within 24 hours into my Santander one :+1:

Update:

In my account, but shown as pending as under review checks in accordance with regulations :man_facepalming:

Maybe gift card next time :rofl:

1 Like

has anyone recently claimed from Yougov? I am only seeing Gift cards, bank transfer no longer among options.
Edit: Now there is a notice that bank transfers will be back soon.
I am tempted to go for Visa virtual card but do not know if I can cash that out.

Don’t do the Visa card. The one they issued me was in dollars so impossible to spend it all and, of course, there’s the exchange fees. Adding it to Curve worked out but I couldn’t manage to spend the last 24c.

1 Like

Thanks for that. Let me go with Amazon

I claimed recently, but if they removed bank transfer I’d dip or take Amazon probably

I am new to the world of open banking and got to know iSpent19 recently after a friend’s introduction.

From what I can see it is not as well known as Emma. it fits my purpose nicely though. It’s certainly free to add more than two accounts as I have 2 current accounts and 2 credit cards aggregated in one place with no issue.

I have just started subscribing to its Premium version which gives a bunch of advanced features such as multi select, cash transaction recording etc. Seems pretty neat.

Unfortunately they don’t currently include Chase (maybe because Chase aren’t signed up to Open Banking).

Looks rather basic and old-fashioned. I wonder why the App Store reviews have been reset, leaving a single 5-star one.

1 Like

Hadn’t noticed that. It certainly doesn’t set the pulse racing. I’m reminded that there are precious few aggregators in play, what with one or two having folded in recent months.

I’m current using the free version of Nova. No Chase though. R-

1 Like

I’m using Chase for cashback spending right now, so it’s a deal-breaker for me. Pity, because I like account aggregators and the overview they provide.

I was using Emma until recently. However, after gradually doing a Monzo and pay-walling basic features, it then persisted in constantly bombarding me with notifications I had expressly turned off.

The notifications were relentless and never for transactions, but to upsell its own products. Every time I looked at my phone, a red number would appear and it would be for its savings products or investment platform. I don’t want any of that.

I’ve gone back to just using a spreadsheet. It’s far less…irritating.

1 Like

First Direct used to do something shady with the App Store reviews as well.

There are two approaches as standard a developer can pick from: a persistent rating that stays between updates, or one that resets with every update. The developer can’t just reset them willy-nilly when it’s convenient. Unless they use an update as a Trojan horse for doing just that, but it’s not the impression I get looking at the update history.

They probably just don’t have the user base, hence the single user review from 2 years ago (those never go away even if your rating is reset).

1 Like

Same here. The Nova founder/developer tells me they are ready for Chase, but Chase are not ready for Nova it seems.
R-

1 Like

Yes. I’m not clear how access is granted. Does Chase have to make itself available to third parties specifically?

I took another look at Emma today - a test sign-up to remind myself of the features. It appears I could go free with a 2-account limit. No good.

Crikey - the number of times I had to press “no thanks” before getting deactivated !!!

No thanks !!

Well, to be honest that’s way above my pay scale - but I think Chase have to open the door rather than the other way around. R-

1 Like

I’m pretty sure you’re right. I got a very cuddly response from Chase CS today when I enquired about the process. “Work in progress” I believe is the term.

1 Like

I’m using Natwest to view my other bank accounts. As of today March 14 Chase is still not on the list, nor is Kroo.