AMC - Becoming an Ape

Gonna dump 5k into AMC and see how it goes

Will update if it works out well

I have a small investment in them too.

As Iā€™m only ā€œplayingā€ with trading atm, Iā€™m only risking a small amount of money and have simple, quite low ambitions.
My goal is to double my initial investment in 12 months.
Even with the amount Iā€™m playing with, itā€™s still going to be a much better return than it sitting in a bank.

The AMC squeeze should hit several hundred dollars a share, if it does squeeze; itā€™s not even a matter of if it does squeeze tbh, itā€™s when it squeezes.

Iā€™m probably going to CFD trade it to leverage play it, either going to lose a good portion of my cash or net a hundred thousand or two but I think thatā€™s pretty good risk/reward

Even if it hits those dizzy heights, Iā€™m not going to make quite that much, but I do wish you the very best of luck :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Update: been diamond handing, started off rolling through a 800-1.5k losses

Now Iā€™m at -200. Shouldnā€™t have bought at market open, would have been in profit now

But oh well, still holding. Using leverage on my account so I have effective 1000 shares of AMC. If it hits $50 I think Iā€™d need to fill out a self assessment this year

Edit: now in profit, floating between Ā£150-300

Edit: went to Ā£1500 profit and then dipped. Now floating between red and green marginally on either side (100-300)

End of Day update: closed Ā£513 in profit. A return of 10.68% on my investment within 13 hours :slight_smile:

For clarity - if youā€™ve now had a return of 10.68% on your investment made 13 hours ago, which equates to a reported profit of Ā£513 - did you invest Ā£4,290.37 and was it a single crypto stock tokenized (AMC) that delivered that profit or a diverse portfolio?

If AMC had a 24 hour low/high of USD26.10/33.51 - this equates to GBP18.45/23.69, so if you have an effective 1000 shares, this would be Ā£18,450 (invested at the lowest @ Ā£18.45 per AMC) and would be currently Ā£23,690 per AMC at the highest - making an example gain of Ā£5,240

Am I missing something?

Edited to strikethrough the original ā€˜cryptoā€™ word and replace it with 'stockā€™

Edited again to strikethrough the ā€˜stockā€™ word and add 'tokenizedā€™

Youā€™re way too good at math for me, I leveraged funds to a degree (i think T212 varies between 3-30x depending on the stock or commodity) and AMC is a stock, not a crypto

All I know is Iā€™m at Ā£513 profit currently and I can see it going a lot higher tomorrow at NYSE (or NASDAQ, honestly I didnā€™t check which one) open

To get the return I took the number I believe I roughly invested, but Iā€™ll see if I can find an actual Ā£ amount

Edit: I canā€™t, I found an execution price of 31.24$ and 1000 shares total (w/ leverage)

Itā€™s now at market close, 31,95$ a share

1 Like

Ah, I see, you havenā€™t yet cashed out so the profit is both real and theoretical at this point in time.

Good luck for tomorrow - hopefully itā€™ll rise and bring bigger returns for you when you cash out :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Yep, itā€™s quite real as I can cash out but obviously theoretical as I can still make a loss yet

Yep, hoping for it !! If they could push it up to GMEā€™s $350 height it would be great. Iā€™d take home a cool 185k or so after tax :slight_smile:

Some people are thinking it will hit 500k a share but, I doubt it; at that level everyone will be bag holding with no buyers

If it hit 1.5k a share that would be great though, itā€™d make me one of the youngest U.K. millionaires :rofl:

Edit: apparently EoW target is $200 or so, with an apparent $50 hit today

After hours nearly hit $40 so reckon the open will be $37-38

Update:

I think from the last screenshot, @Recchan is doing CFD trading, rather than straight share dealing, hence why the numbers donā€™t seem to immediately add up.

Update:

Was teetering on 14-15k but small rejection here

People are thinking EOW is going to be $250, which would firmly plant me in the realm of having a few hundred thousand

Also, I now officially need an accountant to do my tax return this year; does anyone know a decent one?

Edit: now at 25k profit :slight_smile:

EOD Update: closed at 28k profit. AMC is on the route for a $250 or so EOW imo and according to an analyser on twitter, who has been predicting prices/times with 95% accuracy. This would leave me with 200-250k pre-tax.

AMC is consolidating nicely around $60-65 mark, meaning that itā€™s ready for a new rally.

This isnā€™t financial advice, Iā€™m just an ape. :gorilla:

Edit (correction) BAM Investorā€™s EoW price target was $285, not $250 like I stated

I havenā€™t the time or the knowledge to do what youā€™ve been doing so I just bought a few Ā£K of the stock a couple of days ago. Iā€™ve doubled it already and, if youā€™re correct about the EOW price, Iā€™ll be even happier with that, considering that Iā€™ve not put any effort into itā€¦

1 Like

I just hope it goes as far as possible. If the proper squeeze happens theoretically it could go to over 10k a share. Thereā€™s a bunch of math etc on it

I monitor it a bit more but, generally Iā€™d say at this price youā€™re safe for now

Not financial advice, Iā€™m just a :gorilla:

Update: German stock exchange opened up at roughly $73/share

Would have me at about 36k profit if NYSE follows. Remembering that NYSE has premarket though so potentially could push to 80$ before open

Gonna sleep now

I wanted to chuck Ā£300 at memestonks but I need to wait for FreeTrade support to update my addressā€¦ Iā€™ll be chasing them down later today if I can find a way to get in touch

1 Like

Update: NYSE premarket is trading at 74,85$ now

Well, I bought some memestonks too. Not quite as ballsy as @Recchan and also not buying options. Just some plain old stonks. I donā€™t expect to make tens of thousands but if WSB could up the prices so I make a few hundred, thatā€™d be great