AMC - Becoming an Ape

Update: nearly got liquidated earlier. Had to fill a margin call.

Back up to 15k profit, hopefully the $50 wall is broken again today properly. We consolidated at 60 so I’m convinced it’s a matter of market manipulation from the likes of the hedge funds

Hedge funds have dropped the price more than 10% today so won’t be able to short the stock for the entire trading day AFAIK, which is nice. Possible we could see $100/share today

What is an APE? I’ve bought a fractional to make it more entertaining to watch lol

:gorilla: this is an ape

So not a WHALE?

Whales I guess would be the hedge funds that started all this mess

I guess this makes me a disaster capitalist though? Taking a firm that’s barely breathing and relying on apes pumping it’s stock up for my own benefit

Update: back at 25k profit, BAM investor who’s been scarily accurate in his predictions said if $65 breaks properly then we could hit 88$ today

Cycled my meagre investment (basic share trading) and managed to treble my money so am quite happy with that.
If it goes mental again, I might have another shot, but for the time being I’ll have a look at something else I think.

I’m holding for the time being. They’re really fighting (the hedge funds) with all the market manipulation going on now

They’re losing a lot of money, which means they have to cash out or go bankrupt. That’s when the squeeze happens

I see it probably capping around $70-100 though, but oh well

1 Like

Closed at $48.00 after a wild day. I’m still in profit (though not as much as I have been) so hodling for now.

There are still 138M shares on loan (that we know about) so still quite confident for next week.

If SEC would move in to stop these people from dark pool trading then we’d probably see quite a lot of price rising, but either way they still lost money. As long as positions are losing them money the squeeze is inevitable

Oh wow, I thought I was stupid with money by dumping 5k into crypto a few weeks ago (technically it’s not a loss if you don’t sell right? :joy:). Glad to see it worked out for you!

I’m not convinced it’s going to go smoothly. Surely institutionals have learnt a lesson or two from gamestop and are going to dump holdings and crystallise their losses earlier in the game and/or trigger a flash crash

It seems they’re trying to limit times when mass options expire so they can ride out billions rather than have a squeeze forced upon them

Personally I’m not here for the AMC500k like some cult members

I’m here for AMC 100-500$ in a rapid fashion and then I’m gone

It’s not your fault, blame Elongated Muskrat for it

The guy shafted my portfolio too BUT, I have since just prioritised Ethereum as they’re moving to Proof of Stake and won’t be going down a sad road to being “too power intensive” (despite a vast majority of crypto being generated on clean energy, namely in Sichuan where there’s an abundance of hydroelectricity generated)

I mine ETH too, actually

I have about £150 of it (mined, + some extra bought (500?ish)) :slight_smile: I think it will be £10k a coin by 2030

I’d be willing to do a breakdown in other threads of crypto and investment holdings but I want to cash my AMC first

For some reason I’m seeing a lot of information that’s conflicting, anything from AMC dropping to $1 to AMC hitting $2500 a share

I personally think it might hit $150-200 next week

Although if it does hit $2500 a share it would be great, I’d take home 2m or so after tax

The plan is though, take any profit (assuming >50k) and pour into Premium Bonds and anything else goes into business building if it’s only a little more or into dividend aristocrats if otherwise.Anything I get then on from Premium Bonds goes into Dividend Aristocrats until it can pay a salary in its own right

After that plan is to just relax and continue my academics and language studies for fun :slight_smile: and use any free money to fund projects

Update: Sold @ 18k profit, probably could have squeezed out 21-22k but honestly it keeps faltering now at $55 or so and just squeaks to $59 for 1-2 minutes a day and I just can’t mentally take the stress of babysitting it anymore

No-one ever went bankrupt by taking a profit. I’d be delighted with that sort of return, who cares if you might have got more? You might have got a lot less!

There are people who bought GME and AMC the first time round and could have taken 6- or 7-figure profits, but they held on too long and lost it all. The chances of selling at a stock’s high point are slim to none. Be happy with the money you’ve made. Well done :+1:t2:

1 Like

Thanks Dan :slight_smile: I don’t suspect I’ll ever make that short-term profit again and although it does hit me I lost out on potentially 15k, I think “20k is actually very good for a week of my life”

2 Likes

God I hate T212 & Curve

There’s a potential risk I get £20,000 deposited into my Curve Cash and I’ll literally hang myself

Email card verification and ask for all cards to be removed bar one which you’re comfortable with. No rush with withdrawing straight away, take your time.