AMC - Becoming an Ape

Yeah they said I need a statement and to provide ID, asked Curve for a statement and they told me “I can generate a CSV” in the app, to which T212 said “no, a statement, not a CSV. This can be generated in online banking”

I should probably put a complaint in for lying to me, because they are saying this is all required under FCA guidelines (which is cap, I’ve never seen such a stupid arse process before)

Yes they’re absolutely useless & said the same to me when Monese wouldn’t reply to me & Hyperjar couldn’t provide me with what they needed.

You could always invest it in something boring instead & top it up using other methods over time

What did they want the statement for by the way? To verify it was closed?

No, to allow me to remove the Curve card. I’ve requested a statement from Curve, not a CSV file. Im quite sure im entitled to request one of these too

Honestly my blood is boiling @ this computer says no approach.

So, Curve can’t generate me a statement, T212 can’t remove it without one

So if 20,000 goes onto my Curve Cash, how do I get it out?

If they don’t provide it (or provide it in a format that’s acceptable), just request to close it & request evidence the card has been terminated. I’m pretty sure 212 would accept that

Tbf when I removed a payment method they said it needed to be super specific but card verification accepted a written thing from hyperjar saying they can’t provide x. Have you spoken to them directly or just the front line people?

I’m messaging Curve via Twitter right now since their app support has been broken for >12 months

Cool, I’d definitely recommend dealing with the specific team at 212 via email rather than through the in app chat or contact us functions :+1: (if you aren’t already)

[email protected]

Card verification? They told me to email [email protected]

Can these guys exercise a little slack in their dealings?

Honestly mate. I couldn’t remove Monese or Hyperjar for the life of me. Robotic responses quoting T&C and very specific docs

Emailed that address and the agent authorised in that area removed all methods bar one card

1 Like

Did you have to provide anything? I know you mentioned for HyperJar you sent them some stuff but for Monese?

I just want to get in touch and have literally all cards removed. I can already prove my identity to them :cry:

Monese sent me nothing and they removed it. I explained that they wouldn’t reply to me, so what else could I do?

I’d genuinely recommend emailing them in detail and then just resting up. The money hasn’t been sent into the ether and you can take your time.

1 Like

Well, in the meantime going to keep trading while I wait for all this

Just made £15.23 in the space of 5 minutes :^) that’s basically half a days work for me before tax so…

I’ve doubled my initial investment and a bit more so that’s good enough for me. I’ve sold most of it now but left the “and a bit more” with AMC just to see what happens.

Screw it, I’ve got a bit of money to spare. Just joined the Trading 212 waitlist.

1 Like

Bought AMC cheap a few days ago at under $50, bought 50 shares. Now at $59 a share. Made another £400 or so, so far. Should hit $70 this week

Did they remove them?

Yep, money already hit my bank and I’m looking forward to premium bond prize draws

1 Like