Banking on iOS 16

And now it does :grin:

2 Likes

Just a First Direct update to keep an eye out for now, then!

1 Like

HSBC has always been late to the party.

1 Like

Yes, I know - and First Direct even later as they are low priority, seemingly, within the HSBC Group.

The First Direct update has now also arrived!

1 Like

I will be back to FD when I next qualify for a switch offer

1 Like

Probably never then - don’t they always exclude anybody who has ever held an account with them before?

2 Likes

Yep. And they don’t neccessarily mean ‘current account’ either, I’ve seen reports of people who had a mortgage with them years ago being rejected.

Although it should be noted their parent HSBC is now less draconion, only barring those who’ve had an account in the last 2-years or so in their recent offers, so I guess never say never.

1 Like

Then I will go for HSBC, I will next qualify 2023 April

1 Like

HSBC, generally, seem to have always done that. I remember about 2 or 3 years ago the terms were nobody who had opened an account since 2016 qualified; more recently that’s been gradually updated and the dates have consistently moved forward to cover a similar timeframe into the past.

First Direct, as far as I know, have always been a variation on any previous customer.

Ah yes, perhaps it’s M&S Bank (RIP) I’m getting confused with.

@Seb so just to be clear the Santander app works fine on the iOS 16 beta?

Yes, totally fine!

In fact, at the moment, I’m not aware of any apps that are not working - any that had issues earlier on in the beta period appear to have been updated and now work, which is perhaps to be expected now that the iOS 16 release is so close.

2 Likes

Ok thanks for all the info it really helps :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Any users of this bank here?

https://www.coutts.com/coutts-digital/Bank-In-the-App.html

1 Like

Well, that’s pretty awful of them!

Imagine paying a fortune for (essentially) an RBS account and some investment advice, then being either not able to view your account or not able to install the latest software on your phone. Even worse if you upgrade to a new iPhone 14 on launch day - presumably you won’t be able to install the app!

I’d have thought they’d had long enough to sort this out during the beta too, even HSBC have managed it.

5 Likes

Not good of the bank to tell you to stay on old software.

I’m guessing the vast majority of Coutts customers are insanely well off and they probably employ minions to do their digital banking stuff so probably don’t care anyway :joy:

1 Like

Quite right……… we do :rofl::joy:

3 Likes

Yes, I’m firmly in the cheap seats of the banking world and I’m no longer associated with any of the RBS group. I’m very much a Chase man these days :joy:

2 Likes