Barclaycard - fail

Yeah, they seem to have tried to bring together all their products into a single app at some stage and somehow messed it up

I think they must mean after closing your account it stays visible for a period of time but it has gone now.

Just received the following email from Barclaycard

Your July Avios update
From 1 July 2022 to 31 July 2022, you collected 0 Avios with Barclaycard.

But according to the app I collected 1,800 Avios :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Likely a system error, mine also says 0

We love Barclays and Barclaycard for this

Well, Barclays bank is quite conservative in their services and what they offer, also it’s a financial loss for banks to pay commissions to Apple but at the same time once their Finance and marketing departments realize that they need to keep up with time and new technologies as it will make their customers’ daily purchases or payments much quicker, easier and more comfortable. Sooner or later Barclays will definitely jump on board with modern technologies. Time is the only question.

Howso? They have probably the most diverse product offer of all the big 5s and offer some of the biggest incentives going.

Their systems are archaic but that’s sort of par for the course unfortunately.

I have a Barclaycard credit card now…

You have to enter your pin if over £100 and the limit is £300. No limit on Apple pay obviously. I don’t want to even imagine how often it just doesn’t work.

What do they say to people who want no limit like Apple users or don’t want to have to enter a pin when it’s a phone and not a card :joy:

Edit: Seems I spoke too soon. A miracle before Christmas maybe!

2 Likes

I don’t understand this. What is the £300 limit - your credit limit? If so, your Apple Pay will clearly be the same. If it’s not your credit limit, what is it?

I understand it as an artificial cap by Barclays meaning you can’t use contactless mobile for payments above £300 unlike Apple/Google Pay where you could theoretically buy the Mona Lisa with a tap

It’s a bank thinking they can do something better or the same as Google and after years finally giving up and accepting reality :joy:

1 Like

Oh, I see - it’s a specific solution for Android phones. I wasn’t aware of that, being an iPhone user.

Great news!

Glad I’m not the only one having constant issues with Barclaycard. I use their business card for occasional business payments, and every time I try to do something on the account I seem to hit problems.

e.g.

• Business app constantly forgets login details and displays “cannot be null” error.
  • Can only view last 5 statements in app.
  • Web app locks up and keeps spinning without loading.
  • They seem to have suddenly stopped allowing you to use Mobile PINsentry for business accounts without telling you (despite not removing the option) and you now need to dig out the physical card, PIN and card reader (!!) every time you need to login.

I don’t think I ever manage to get logged in successfully first time.

I’ve had enough of the constant issues and am dumping them for someone else.

1 Like

They have so many problems, this is the only solution!