Chase UK Discussion

I got the email others got this morning, then got the email with my code a few hours later.

What time / day did you join the waitlist?

The confirmation email came through at 11:02 in the morning on Tuesday, so probably around 11am (I remember the confirmation taking a minute or two to arrive)!

Who knows? Not going to hold my breath, though.

Cashback now appearing for all the GBIT transactions, as well as the straight Curve ones.

£1.06 in the pot already.

That’s more than a month’s cashback on my, now former, Santander 123 Lite account :grin:

Just noticed that that is on a £104 spend, so technically more than 1% :blush:

2 Likes

I spent £22 in Tesco last night then grabbed a £7 KFC on way home. Those two transactions alone have netted 29p in cashback - that’s a few pence more than Starling gave me for the whole of last month (and I keep a healthy balance). So quite happy, thank you very much Chase Bank :heart_eyes_cat:

4 Likes

Nice message for them. Wonder if they’re reading this thread. :grin:

Yeah, I’m thinking I will leave enough cash in my Starling account to fulfil my direct debits (for now?), and transfer the rest of my monthly income over to Chase for my daily spend to get the cashback.

1 Like

Yes, they round up, so a £N.50p spend will actually get you N+1p cashback.

Ah okay - keeping my fingers crossed for you that you get a code soon!

2 Likes

Interesting information about merchant logo

1 Like

Right, are you listening Starling? Are you listening Monzo?

I’ve just had a call from a very nice man at Chase. They will be correcting the merchant data as per my feedback. It will take effect from Monday. He said it wouldn’t be retrospective, but I can forgive them that, given how promptly they have responded. Full marks to them!

4 Likes

Exactly what I have done with my Monzo :rofl:

I decided to give Chase a go and signed up to the waiting list on Monday and received the waiting list code on Tuesday.

I have to say, I’m really impressed overall with the app, the CS agent was friendly and I can see real potential moving forward.

When they introduce direct debits, I could definitely use it as a main account. Definitely can see them being a big success.

3 Likes

I think you’re right. No razzamatazz - just quietly getting on with the job.

2 Likes

Wow, so someone phoned you to follow up on a simple merchant data correction?! I’m guessing the CS agents at Chase have a little too much time on their hands at the moment with only a small number of customers currently onboarded. Personally as someone who doesn’t like phone calls very much (and likes to do everything over live chat if possible) I wouldn’t be too keen on this, but I can see the appeal of how actively they seem to be trying to act on your feedback - the proactive contact made with you reminds me of pre-pandemic First Direct. This doesn’t sound sustainable though as far as crowdsourcing merchant data goes, so I think they’ll need to build in a simple form like Monzo and Starling have to submit your own corrections for review. We all know just how garbage Starling merchant data is now, but in my experience Monzo is really rather good with providing the correct name and logo, so hopefully they can create an experience that rivals that! Oh, and not applying logos and names retrospectively is a real shame, because you don’t know something needs correcting until it appears wrong it your feed! Hopefully that changes in the future.

2 Likes

I can understand why they might not want to apply changes retrospectively- if a retailer changes name but retains the same card terminals.

I honestly don’t think we’re going to see much change to this until visa/Mastercard/whoever start forcing merchants to submit their own names and logos. All this crowd sourcing stuff is a bodge.

2 Likes

Anyone got their card yet?

No! :angry:

I was onboarded on Wednesday, so I’m hoping tomorrow.

2 Likes