Chase UK Discussion

I personally don’t appear to have anything out of the ordinary regarding my financial situation or credit records so I’m not sure why some people get through instantly and others are ‘taken to one side’. It feels a bit like being singled out at customs to have your bags checked :slight_smile:

I was accepted immediately by Monzo and Starling but we do know that each bank has its own idea of the kind of customer they want…

2 Likes

Has anyone asked Chase specifically what steps they take to satisfy themselves around customer suitability. Not necessarily the granular stuff - more the steps they take and with whom?

I had to call up and reiterate things. They rang me & I returned it. The app was stuck in a loop.

They seemed particularly bothered by my email address & whether it was ‘personal’ Was a little odd. It also didn’t allow me to submit 3 years of address history via the application. Only prompted me for my last address, which doesn’t take it over 3.

I’m in now though.

Huh. Sounds like they’re worried about mules. Might explain why my first email address didn’t work (slightly more generic), but my second did (very specific)

3 Likes

As in money mules? Surely an email wouldn’t be a giveaway?

An address like

[email protected]

is more likely a spammer phishing for accounts

I think

For mules or anything else

Oh and they also wanted to know how long I’ve had the email address for

It’s Proton Mail, I had to explain why I’d changed from Gmail of late - yeah defo a little strange but I’ll give benefit of doubt for now

Received an SMS this morning saying that they’d finished checking my application and to head to the app to continue. Now signed up.

Not sure how much use it will get. Without Open Banking I can’t add it to Emma and I’ll have to remember to add money to the account for subscriptions, etc. That’s not a way that I’m used to working, so I’ll have to think about it.

Just received my Chase Card this morning. Its actually very sleek.

3 Likes

Received mine too!

Mine came with the same blemishes @seb mentioned on one of the forums somewhere. Curious as I’ve never seen this on a card before.

Perhaps loading data onto the chip after the card has been assembled.

2 Likes

Just made a couple of small transfers from different accounts and didn’t think I’d received any notifications. Looked at my iPhone and there they were. Looks like Chase is yet another bank that sends silent notifications.

I’ve just took my card out the packaging and it’s full of scratches and the chip is also scratched too. That’s a shame.

3 Likes

RBS called me today - apologised and paid £50 into my account. Fair enough.
But as I discuss what had happened it was obvious that the guy handling the complaint had not listened to the recording of the conversation and had not spoken to the representative - so really the apology was meaningless.
As I pointed out to him - maybe I was the person being unreasonable and the rep was just doing her job.
Whole process of ‘investigating’ a complaint is a total farce.

4 Likes

Yes this is very annoying - I’ve reached out to support on Twitter to recommend they add a notification tone. I don’t understand why there is no tone as if a user wants to turn it off they do have this option.

2 Likes

They can pay way more than £50, did you accept the resolution?

I politely declined the resolution as I pointed out he was not really in a place to apologise on RBS’s behalf as he had not heard the recording or spoken to the rep to understand their side of this. It ended with him saying he would be sending me a letter.
I really don’t care about getting £50, £100, or whatever. I’d be fine with the person who made the original call just saying 'hey, I didn’t handle the call as well as should have, sorry for that" - for me that would be the end of it.
I said that to the guy who called and he said no way would that ever happen - they will not ask an employee to apologise to a customer…

Anyway, whatever - annoyed me so much I am going to CASS my account to Nationwide, use that for DD;s etc and use Chase for my day to day spend

1 Like

This seems to be a very consistent thing with these cards. Mine is the same, @seb and few others on the internet have said the same, and the first images we saw when the first folks got their’s had them too.

It sucks, but I’m presuming this is a normal thing with Chase cards.

I do like the lighter shade of blue used for the core. Compliments the darker tone of the front and back nicely.

5 Likes

Funnily enough I have a comp in with Nationwide for completely botching my attempted account opening. Made me visit a branch twice for no reason to hand in forms, which were only necessary due to their online application crashing - only for the forms to not enable the account opening either…

luckily I was able to open an account with Nationwide same day via there website - very basic site, but that is fine for what I need

They follow a dual-branding strategy where JPMorgan and Chase are never next to each other, to allow for separate brand identities.

They heavily sponsored the US Open Tennis, and had JP Morgan on one side of the court and Chase on the other (as though they were separate brands).

2 Likes