Chase UK Discussion

Assuming you’re an iPhone user, what does Settings > General > Language &. Region show? Here’s mine which displays the currency symbol in the correct place (note the examples at the bottom):

(Posted this in the Chase thread over on the Monzo forum but I’ll leave it here as well for those who don’t browse both:)

As many will know, free to use ATMs are kind of rare in the USA; you’ll normally be charged a few dollars surcharge unless you’re a customer of the bank network that operates the cash machine you’re using.

I’ve found out through Twitter that Chase UK customers can use the Chase US ATM network with no ATM operator fees, avoiding the $3 fee they charge non-Chase customers! Nice to see some collaboration between the UK and US divisions to offer us benefits.

5 Likes

Recurring debit card payments on second account in Chase:

So I have opened a second account in the Chase app to use it to manage a budget on a project.
I know that at the point of sale I can switch the debit card to the second account so the payment comes out of the second account.
But I also have a regular monthly, online, debit card payment that I would like to come from the second account.
Is that possible ? If so, how do I find the debit card number that is tied specifically to the second account ??/

Sadly the subscription payments will simply come out of whichever account the card is linked to at the time. This is why many of us hoped for individual per-account virtual card details!

2 Likes

I may be misunderstanding the issue, but could you not set up a regular scheduled payment from your 2nd account, or does the amount vary?

I have to use my debt card and they take a regular payment from that -they won’t accept a recurring payment from a bank account.

Oh, that’s a shame (it’s the same money, after all).

2 Likes

Under Card details there’s a “Returns and collections” section which may be designed to solve this. Maybe ask?

That BIN checker is out of date and the Bin Lists used by Companies is correctly identifying the card as JP Morgan, as I think I posted earlier in this thread

1 Like

Which BIN checker did you use out of interest @mozzauk? Every one I’ve found online still identifies it as WestPac Australia, so they must all be using old data.

And interesting to see the virtual card is World Elite too. I guess I could’ve worked that out since Apple Pay uses the virtual card number, not the physical one, and the design on there has the silver Mastercard circles too.

2 Likes

Does that mean it comes with the benefits of world elite?

Some. Banks can pick which benefits they offer (but they must offer a minimum amount of benefits)

Chase probably did fee free abroad and some other stuff. Not sure how it works exactly

2 Likes

How do you activate the round up feature in the app?
Maybe I’m being a bit thick, but I can’t seem to find it.

It’s not available yet. The website says it’s “coming soon.”

4 Likes

Ahhh.
That explains why I can’t find it then :grinning:

I think they used Search BIN Database | BIN Database | BIN lookup | BIN list

Just got my code this afternoon. I signed up late last Tuesday.

3 Likes

I was just in CPW doing a trade-in and they needed my bank details (no idea why) and the Chase sort code couldn’t be found on their Windows XP system so had to use a Monzo one.

They’ve been “checking my application” for over 2 hours now…

Noticed that they’ve done an AML check with TransUnion.

Been checking mine since Friday morning …