Chase UK Discussion

This may it may not be true, but the perception is at least there.

It’s one reason why I thought the Sifted article boasting about a Scottish call centre was a little bit odd - why not use their American customer service instead, and have it based over there?

Clearly staff would need training a bit on banking in the U.K., but that doesn’t seem insurmountable and customers might actually prefer it. It could also cover unsociable local hours here.

4 Likes

Though our normal banking hours here, would likely be unsociable to their call centre there. :thinking:

3 Likes

I’d prefer a UK-based team familiar with internet banking. There surely wouldn’t be any shortage of candidates for the jobs in customer services.

There are plenty of examples of excellent online & telephone customer services in the UK and I suggest they don’t need to learn much, if anything, from the US.

It might be different if Chase were looking to introduce US culture in some form into their banking offering, but I’m sure that’s not in the mix.

6 Likes

From what we’ve seen so far, I don’t think they are.

It will be interesting to see exactly what the product is like at launch though, especially if the rumoured date next week is accurate!

1 Like

Agreed. I struggle to think quite what they’ll bring to market feature-wise.

Maybe we’ll have our first checking account….:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

That might cause a bit of confusion, I would advise them to call it a current account!

Not long to wait now, anyway!

The CS is much more likely to be UK based in the first instance. And then outsourced to South Africa and the Phils when they are looking to save money

All the “excellent” CS call centres tend to be high end banks and financial institutions.

1 Like

You may be right…… let’s hope not, eh? :flushed:

1 Like

Having done 4 CASS in space of a few weeks, I daren’t risk Chase, even if I was interested, as could predict a polite decline :thinking::grin:

Still no app showing on the App Store

2 Likes

I just get ads for various other finance apps.

I’ve had Curve, Cashplus, Chip, even Square and RBS.

And bizarrely, Great Western Railway. :thinking:

v258 is the current Android version of the Chase UK app on the Play Store: v258 teardown

I’m keeping my eyes peeled for an update next week.

2 Likes

I see Chase are trying to lower expectations - they are launching with just a bank account and other products will follow later.

It’s the same business model as Marcus and you’ll have seen how long it takes them to offer new products

2 Likes

Contact centre in Edinburgh eh? So, when Scotland does become an independent country, if you’re a customer in England/Wales/NI, your banking details will be held by a foreign country?..someone please see the tongue in cheek…

1 Like

These cost-cutting offshoring measures are going too far…

What is offshoring called when it is not, well, offshore?

:rofl:

1 Like

That’s from like 9 months ago

It’s still the last “official word” though.

Expect Chase to be smart, but not particularly agile or innovative. Like Barclays, I reckon.

2 Likes