Club Lloyds: free Disney+

3 Likes

Strong perk, easily the best value Club Lloyds option.

Agreed. Certainly a lurch forward from having to choose a restaurant subscription I would likely never use or a magazine I didnā€™t really want after the 2nd month :smirk:.

Well done Lloyds

Really great move from Lloyds

I was planning to downgrade later this year and move all in with Chase but this is reason enough to stay

Sadly of no use to me.

My Disney+ subscription renews April and I always select the cheaper annual option.

My Club Lloyds benefits do not renew until middle of October :person_shrugging:

Ah well. Iā€™ll stick with the cinema then.

Iā€™m not sure everyone will see a lot of value in Disney+

Unless youā€™re into Star Wars, Marvel, or have young kids, Disney+ doesnā€™t seem to me to have much going for it. Iā€™ve had free access to Disney+ for the last 4 months and in that time I think Iā€™ve only used it to watch one series and probably no more than one or two movies.

2 Likes

Have to say I agree. Nothing there for me either.

I am currentky binge watching NCIS Hawaii on it :rofl:

1 Like

Possibly cutting off your nose to spite your face no?

You could either pay monthly until your renewal (pay for 6 months instead of 10, effectively) then opt for Disney+ lifestyle benefit, or you could ā€˜opt outā€™ at renewal time then opt in to Disney+ when your paid subscription ends.

Unless youā€™re convinced youā€™re getting similar value out of the cinema tickets, Iā€™d be inclined to do one of these.

I like this idea tbf.

Do Lloyds allow you to defer your selection? Iā€™ll have to check.

Cinema tickets are currently worth about Ā£68 to me (based on VIP seats), or Ā£48 based on Vue Super Saver seats, so Disney offer is the clear winner for value.

6 months Disney at monthly rate is also about Ā£48 (bar a few pence).

I had a magazine selection due by the 31st. Iā€™ve selected Opt Out and the indication is that Iā€™ll still be able to sign up after but the reward will be pro-rataā€™d. Iā€™ll let you know on the 1st how it works out.

1 Like

Iā€™m not a fan of Disney + or paid for bank accounts, but this is the kind of reward I think bears further examination.

1 Like

Thereā€™s no fee payable if you pay in Ā£2000 a month (from any source, including other Lloyds accounts, and can be done in as many chunks as you like).

I donā€™t particularly care for the mouse but my other half feels differently and there is genuinely good stuff on there.

It appears this isnā€™t happening until May 1st nowā€¦

Not the first time Andy Webb has got a rather important detail wrongā€¦

Interesting. I wonder what changed between that press release and the stated date. Or perhaps a miscommunication around the Rakuten benefit ending (which did disappear at midnight on the 1st as expected) and the new benefit beginning.

Might pop in a complaint since it was an official statement.

1 Like

Donā€™t suppose Starbucks are part of the coffee club? :face_holding_back_tears:

No, Nero is the major coffee shop brand: Coffee Club | Home

Shame, not a fan of Nero