Co-operative Bank £125 Refer-a-friend

Refer a Friend | Current Account | The Co-operative Bank

No restrictions on having received previous incentives, just need to not hold a current account prior to applying for a new one.

I’m happy to provide my account details if you need someone to refer you, just drop me a PM :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Throwing my hat into the ring.

I’ve been referred myself and have guided another 3 people to what was the £50 bonus.

Given it’s ease, the £125 is looking pretty competitive now.

3 Likes

Referrals coming through pretty promptly following the switch completing and form being submitted. Still time (but possibly not much) to get involved for an easy £125 around New Year’s.

1 Like

Indeed - I’ve only ever had one delayed but I think the referred party made an error.

I’ve had a similar experience - the switch bonus came through quickly and it was quite straightforward. Happy to provide a referral if anyone needs one :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello,

Definitely an interesting offer, hopefully one that will stay too, so I might join up to the co-op bank and get a cool £125 in the pocket all being well :crossed_fingers:

It is ending December 16th

Ah yeah I’ve just seen that now! That’s a shame :pensive:

Getting the £125 was easy.

Moving it out of the Co-op account, not so.

I sort of expected it, as I was adding a new payee and emptying this useless account, but twenty minutes on a call, going over and over again as to why I was moving it, and having to listen to warning after warning, and finally, having to say, in my own words, that I accepted that if this was a fraudulent transaction, I wouldn’t get the money back. Phew!!

I was moving it to an account in my name, verified by CoP. Such a rigmarole.

But then, Co-op not unique in this anti-fraud drama though, are they? :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

Same thing happened to me as a new customer - has since settled down lol

1 Like

We are having to pay out fraud loses, even when money is moved to someones own account. APP fraud refunds have really made fraud prevention such a pain now.

Explain (?)

Don’t forget your princess words.

1 Like

In some cases, even when someone has moved money from one of their own accounts to another of their own accounts (different bank), and then onward to a fraudster, some cases are now getting refunds being applied across both banks.

Thats it in real simple terms but it’s such a mess when it comes to deciding on refunds. when the money moves from accounts in the victims on name.

The offer is back: Refer a Friend | Current Account | The Co-operative Bank

If anyone needs a referral, I’m very happy to help. I’ve donated 10% of all the proceeds from my referrals last time around to the running of Fintech Forum, and I’ll happily do the same again if anyone else needs a referral.

8 Likes

Great news! It wasn’t gone for long!

1 Like

Offer ends 28th February (this Tuesday).

1 Like

Yeah and they still slow at opening accounts. Even slower than November!

The offer’s back - with a few extra strings.

Applicants must now:

• Deposit £800 (which can be withdrawn straight away)
  • set-up 2 Direct Debits
  • make a minimum of 5 card payments (which is probably easier done in person by buying 5 bananas at a self checkout one by one, as signing up for Verified by Visa involves a phonecall!)
  • register for online banking services

Additionally anybody who has held a Co-op or Smile account since November is now excluded.

If anyone needs a referral, please reach out and I’ll ensure 10% of what I earn goes back to the running of Fintech Forum.

2 Likes

They were crap to deal with last time around. And that was without the hoops.

I wouldn’t recommend these to anyone.

Closing my account.

2 Likes