Contactless Limit to rise to £100 in October

Would be such a waste. Instead we should be focusing on our own prosperity. Believe in British Exceptionalism, we’ll do fine without others if we all start spending with British companies.

Before someone says “do you even do that”; yes. Basically everything I purchase is British made and sold. Ignoring things we don’t really do here at all, like phones etc.

Don’t really understand why ECB needs to touch on the subject at all since it will be Visa/MC/The Bank on the hook in the end. A bank wouldn’t keep their limit at 1000 if it lost them money on the daily.

I think this is just advocating for legal equivalence between cash and digital payment methods, actually.

It’s very popular and it is expanding as it knows it’s probably time-limited.

Might have some luck in gambling etc since it allows people to hide their spending, although that’s not really a good thing, it’s just a thing that could happen (imo)

I think a key reason even in the Leave campaigns was the “curvy bananas” etc that at it’s core was saying "we need to be able to diverge.

Without going too far into politics, the UK needs to stop being independent on others. At this rate we will all be Chinese puppet states. I strongly suggest abandoning the idea of rejoining the Holy Roman Empire 2.0 that cannot accept the reforms proposed by its members Poland/Hungary (and Sweden/UK) and that is bound by stupid vetos on key policy areas and is doomed to fail as some countries will forever deadlock and slow progress, in favour of contacting your MP and supporting that we take care of our immediate domestic priorities: increasing productivity, militarisation so we can fight a war without NATO if required, a much needed increase of the nuclear deterrent, meeting our energy needs domestically and ensuring we can all eat in the event of hard times.

Tl;DR it’s time we started looking after ourselves.

Monzo customers use it for paying cash into their accounts, so I understand.

Also, lots of people with prepayment gas and electricity meters use it for topping up their meter cards/keys.

1 Like