Coop Bank Refer a Friend?

Alright well I popped in - ID fine off the search.

They gave me a joint account consent form which I’ll return back in tomorrow. They say they’ll be able to open the account there and then - and confirm the switch date.

It’s like going into a small town style branch just happening to be in a large city centre.

1 Like

Yea can do - once I have my details you’re welcome to DM with yours. I’ll hand in the referral at the branch when the time comes to speed it up again (unless it can be done online - which I doubt…)

Sounds like your application went well then!

I remember when I applied I had to go to a branch with ID and, to be fair to the Co-op Bank staff, I found them very helpful and pleasant in that branch even though my application had an issue and they had to re-input the data (it already sounds like this isn’t a problem in your case, as you haven’t been asked to provide ID anyway). Their service does seem very good.

Let us all know how it goes tomorrow and, if you want to get the form off straight away, I’ll PM my details to you then.

1 Like

Perfect will do! I’ll check tomorrow whether it makes sense to do the form first or not. Even if you send them - I’ll just action it when best suits :slight_smile:

Twitter Chat & in the branch perfectly fine. Suits me as a back up branch based account. Will be for household bills and the house purchase transfer only.

Yeah - it’s been far better than the Nationwide process. Where I had an issue applying - and the branch and telephone staff didn’t have a scooby doo.

1 Like

This does seem all rather retro, and not at all fintech-y!

1 Like

It is, but if that’s what you need the account for, it’s perfect!

1 Like

Haha fintech it is not :joy: But I’ve always kept a BAM joint account so it’s like for like. It will allow a chaps via messaging - which RBS didn’t. This branch is 10 steps from where I work - so it’s relatively easy in that respect.

But I do get paid into Dozens and have reasonable savings in a Revolut vault/Dozens bonds - so I’m still edgy right?

More than you think…. ! :flushed::relieved:

3 Likes

Haha

Must say - I’ve not had a single nervy moment using my Dozens account. Concern is their longevity as a business more than anything.

No concerns of the latter ilk with Revolut. Nervy moments? I think they’re fine for large transfers with your own money. But a few experiences (earlier in the accounts life, tbf) have put me off receiving a salary or sizeable transfers from other people into the account for now.

2 Likes

Dropped off the form today @Seb

There was a queue so not quite the same detail - just took the form and said you’ll get a letter confirming it’s open. Though I may chase up myself first. I brought the average age down a few decades.

Completely forgot the “branch sounds” of people huffing and puffing at a 5 minute wait for something they could probably sort themselves in the same time :joy:

Haha, that’s hilarious!

I am struck by the irony of this heavily branch-based process to open and switch into an account so you can make a CHAPS payment online, although I do understand why you are doing it.

Anyway, I would suggest waiting until you get the letter confirming your new account is open and operational for both account holders before submitting the referral form (just in case). I don’t think it will be necessary to wait until the switch has started, though, given that you’ve already instructed them to start a switch so they already know it will be happening.

I can you send you my details now, if you’d like, so you can fill out the referral form ready for next week - or I can send them when you are ready if you prefer.

Haha - in fairness one thing is tied into my lunchtime walk (10 steps of it) - the other is possibly the biggest transaction of my life & I won’t be in the big city when I do it! I’d like to do it through a fintech - but it will be both of our money so need the option. Hey if RBS hadn’t shut where I live I might have done the branch CHAPS. Perhaps it makes my walk more interesting and I do subconsciously not mind a human touch? Nah let’s not attribute it to that!

I’d avoid a branch at absolutely all costs usually - it’s just that it speeds up a paper process. I did open the account online as far as I could! If I could have visited just once that’d have been much more proportionate to what I’m trying to avoid lol.

Either way - it’s a job done and I suppose the £50 is why I went for them as well. Perhaps I’ll do the referral form in the post. Tried with Nationwide months back for £100 switch ( who also allow chaps online) - but was forced to a branch by their app form crashing and didn’t get an account anyway.

P.s I know you’re not asking me to justify it :joy:

Feel free to pop them over - they’ll stay there on a message. I should have account details Monday Tuesday? I’ll ask on twitter about handing in the form pre switch date.

1 Like

Yes, all totally understandable and I think I’d do the same in your position (and, of course, I wasn’t asking you to justify it as you say).

I’ve sent you a PM so you should be able to get the account up and running, and the referral too, quite soon.

Let us all know how it goes when you actually do make the CHAPS payment, too!

1 Like

@Mathew any chance of a coop logo?

We already have one - :coop: (:coop:)

But we don’t have a tag (not sure if that’s what you meant?), so I’ll sort that out now :slight_smile:

Tag for this post? Or can I do that

You can do it, but I’ve just added it for you. Need to solve an issue with the logo not showing though, so will investigate after work

2 Likes

@Seb switch form completed via adobe sign!

1 Like

Just got my money @Seb

1 Like

:joy: they froze my payment again

2 Likes