Coop Bank Refer a Friend?

Yes, I think they are!

Their standard statement is based on a number of transactions, which equal “one page” on their layout. Their systems automatically generate a statement once you have “one page” worth of new transactions made since the last one was generated! At one time, they had no paperless option (I think pre-2016) and it worked the same way but automatically posted one - even more annoying! I saw somebody on MSE describe it as the “Co-op paper statement monster” which spewed out endless statements.

This explains a lot - at work I see Coop statements and I thought that person had a weekly statement - but it’s just because they use the card all the time then…

Yes, that’s right!

They were probably after the extra everyday rewards cashback (which used to be much more generous than it is now).

Hi Seb, can I get you to refer me for Coop too?

Yes, if you want - I’ll message you!

It’s now a 5 friend limit up to £250 - as opposed to 2 / £100.

1 Like

Yes, although based on your experience (and mine) they only seem to pay out once!

@Chris_Dickson’s referral didn’t pay out for me and I haven’t heard anything yet about @Kishan_Patel’s (but hopefully that goes through).

Sorry I didn’t update the thread - I got my second £50 in the end. The second party had to do another switch and submit the form again - he didn’t ask why he was ineligible the first time (we both got an email stating criteria was missed the first time).

1 Like

Oh, thanks for the update - that’s interesting.

I haven’t asked @Chris_Dickson but I got the “your referred friend didn’t meet the conditions” email, so just assumed it hadn’t worked.

Hopefully @Kishan_Patel will manage to get the switch to go through properly!

Some dreadful back end work at play - I do wish my Reddit friend had asked why it didn’t work the first time. It took months to get the money, May to July I think.

Either way - I’d advise following up should it not work.

In other news I’ve managed 10+ consecutive in transfers without a fraud suspicion…

I think it may be following me using the card a couple of times.

That’s all good news - and your experience has given me the confidence needed to argue with them, at least!

I haven’t heard from Chris for a while, though, so not sure if his switch ever did complete. Either way, I would just like to know what criteria I/we supposedly “didn’t meet”, so I can chase it further if I want to. I probably will contact them tomorrow through the online messaging service.

Hi there , never had a coop account before. Is someone here who can refer me , I could do the switch immediately, thank you

2 Likes

Hi there - yes I can.

You’ll need to open a Coop account & initiate a switch. Then contact me for information once the switch completes.

I would advise that you follow up with the Coop a working day after the form has been submitted (you fill in a form with the details I provide) - as based on past experience I’ve had them delay the payout on subsequent referrals.

I hope it goes well for you @Dragomir_Ion!

This reminds me to chase my second referral which I still haven’t heard anything about.

hi Rexx , just received my debit card and registered for online banking. How to proceed further ? Do I need to start an application form with your bank details ?

2 Likes

Hello dragomir!

Is your switch complete as well?

If so I can dm with the relevant link for the form & my details

App revamp coming tomorrow

Available balance more prominent, value of pending transactions detailed, copy bank details, app reload without logging back in when minimising the app during payments & a new menu.

1 Like

Any screenshots?

Not sure a fresh coat of paint is enough to revitalise coop though.

Not updated yet! But yes it does sound like the introduction of the bare minimum.

1 Like