Coop Bank Refer a Friend?

In other news - the Coop have just blocked a large payment lol

No indication of when they’ll contact me…

Oh dear! Not again…

:man_facepalming:

1 Like

This time I got a text to confirm - which I did promptly - the funds are still on “outcome not known” now being quoted 24h faster payment timescales - uhhhh

1 Like

As he’s not shown up again here, is there a way to contact or pm him to ask if he will refer me in due course?

1 Like

Yes, you can PM anybody through the community just by pressing on their name and selecting the blue message button.

You may have to have a certain trust level to initiate a conversation but I imagine you won’t have a problem with that now that you’ve posted a few times already.

1 Like

Ah, thanks. Guess i still don’t have the trust level, as I don’t get that option.
HOWEVER… the decision gets more difficult! Revolut insurance is inadequate as it is super-basic, covering medical emergencies only… no cancellation cover etc. AND the CoOp bank gets dreadful reviews on Trustpilot, including the sort of issues mentioned in this thread. Think I’ll just buy single trip insurance for now and stay with the Halifax, which has been a flawless experience.

1 Like

Co-op Bank does have IT problems occasionally and their app is very basic (online banking is also quite basic but a bit more functional than the app).

Compared to Halifax, you may think moving to Co-op is moving backwards. However, once open, you shouldn’t need to contact them too much and I think the insurance is actually dealt with by a third party, so is nothing really to do with the bank customer service.

Not that I’m trying to persuade you to open an account, but remember that people only really use Trustpilot to vent and almost never bother to leave positive reviews when things go well.

1 Like

I agree with this - if it’s for one purpose only it’ll probably do the job - if it was my only bank I’d be pulling my hair out…

Once I’ve remitted the payments that I need to (a lot of banks force you in to branch for 25k and I don’t use Rev for 5 figures) I’ll consider whether to keep it as a cash depository or try to switch it out

I’ve had £100 off them so far, hopefully £150 soon

You’d probably be dealing with the insurance companies customer services as well - how good that will be is anyones guess lol!

Revolut travel insurance definitely does cover forms of trip cancellation

1 Like

Oh yes, I’m not seriously suggesting anyone switch their only account to them!

But as a secondary account, for specific purposes, it’s perfectly fine.

:joy: popped into change my address as just round the corner from work and usually dead (figured no worse than calling up or secure messaging) and have been witness to someone asking why their interest rate hasn’t gone up despite the base going up & someone else paying 5 bills via GIRO & waffling on about their court victory over Wonga & the DWP

Do people thing the cashiers are the bank :joy:

2 Likes

By the way - my second referral was declined.
I am giving him the chance of disputing it but after a while I’ll open back up.

Interesting, the terms do specifically say you can refer two people so they should pay out twice.

My second referral to Chris seems to have been OK at Chris’s end and his switch has gone through by now, as far as I know, but of course we aren’t yet out of the “payment window” as set out in the terms - so, in many ways, I’m not expecting to be paid yet. If the money doesn’t turn up though I will have to submit a complaint and I’ll encourage Chris to do so as well.

I’ll obviously update the thread here too, it may help you @Rexx if you want to take it up with them again!

It’s possible that their system has only been set up to allow for one referral when the terms allow for two (they don’t have the best systems, and they have had trouble with them in the past) and if that is the case they should be paying out.

Yeah - the person from Reddit is going for it on secure message as he swears blind that he did everything required of him…let’s see!

Another payment blocked! Up a bit late but I’m off tomorrow - has this been enough to spook them :face_with_spiral_eyes:

I think that takes me to 5 blocked transfers (from 1p, to two figure, to three figure & to five…) since I opened the account under 6 months ago :joy:

I used them for the large payment as intended via tele - which was actually fine - this was the remaining residual money.

I think it’s going to be over & out soon unless this is sorted by text confirmation promptly tomorrow - I’ll also let this referral run it’s course (which is of course another gripe…)

It’s a joint acct so harder to switch - could ask to change it to single and take a switch boon if I can find one.

There is something about your account their system doesn’t like!

I can’t remember ever having a blocked payment (touch wood) with them, although some have taken a while to arrive - which may have involved some checking going on behind the scenes.

1 Like

Resolved via a text 5-10 hours later and then an hour or so after that the funds released…

My switching buddy said coop didn’t recognise a switch and he needs to do another one (maybe he’s to blame)

I’m also having a palava asking for up to date pdf statements from them via secure message - keep replying about paper statements from before I opted paperless

Not a happy customer :dizzy_face:

Can’t you download the statement PDFs from the online banking, or does it not go back to before you opt for paperless?

Yeah they’re not up to date even though I’ve been opted in & they also have my old address on when I updated it a few days ago

I’ve been paperless the whole time but no statement in there for May?

It’s weird

Statements are every 20 transactions (don’t ask why, it’s a quirk if their system).

No idea why they have your details wrong, but they should be right on your next statement.

How weird - they don’t do standard monthly statements?

Well I’ve asked for one up to date - so they should be obliged to provide it?

I need it to provide proof of address on something following the move. No utility bills have arrived yet.

1 Like