Fana‏

The fact Tridos exists though is a very different equation. It already probably has a close to 100% market share of people who want this kind of thing.

It’s not a rapidly growing market, it’s not a large percentage of the population as is.

My personal opinion: Fana and Algbra go bust after realising they need to offer more than some good tummy feels

1 Like

It’s not rapid but Triodos are growing. Slowly. They consistently have one of the highest join to leave ratios of any bank in the country across all the quarterly statistics.

Only there’s are in the hundreds vs the thousands like Monzo and Starling.

But as I say, I think that’s just fine for them. And if that can be just fine for Fana, I see no reason why they can’t take a cut of that pie with the same model, all other things being equal.

1 Like

Join to leave as in CASS? That doesn’t cover account closures

Still in their survey they never provided an option for a free digital card. :joy::joy::joy: So people were forced to choose £2.

These are the results so far.

Put it in the comments/suggestions

I guess if ‘growing’ is a trickle of customers per week. Triodos don’t really offer much on top of an allegedly recycled card and ‘ethical’ investment for £36 pa. They’ll never capture much more market share with a bare bones offer like that

The Triodos card isn’t recycled. It’s biodegradable PLA. Recycled cards are nothing short of green washing.

1 Like

Even less inclined to stay on the journey!!

1 Like

So - £2 for a virtual card? Do Fana want any customers at all?

1 Like

Regretfully I just ended my relationship with Triodos. In my time I got £60 off a nice item for signing up and £36 fee refunded due to a complaint. In the end though, I didn’t feel I was getting much value out of the account. I also have an Algbra account for day to day things (although I doubt there is as much of an impact with depositing funds with them given they are e-money)

Unfortunately I also couldn’t justify leaving my savings with them when other providers such as Tandem & Oxbury were offering over 1% higher interest with fairly decent environmental credentials.

2 Likes

Just received an update from them.

Fana update

We’ve had some Liquid Luck , so feel confident announcing that Fana will launch at the end of November.

We will initially introduce 200 cards, which can be either physical or digital, as part of a testing phase. This is to ensure there are no hiccups.

Once we have completed all necessary checks, we will gradually begin activating cards for everyone else on the waitlist. This will be based on their position in the queue.

All you need to do is take the £5 pledge a month. Most of this goes to the charities closest to your hearts, with a small amount going to cover our costs.

Your magical touch is what shapes the Fanaverse. So apparate into our inbox with your thoughts."

Am I given to understand the card will cost £5 per month or that you will need to donate £5pm into a charity ?

I think it’s £5 a month but part of that goes to Fana and part passed on to charities.

I will sign up to get one of their cards before ditching them in short order. I prefer to donate to charities of my choice not ones cherry picked for me.

2 Likes

I won’t be, not even for the card.

1 Like

Can’t honestly seeing this flying. Who’d pay £5/month for an emoney account? At least with Tridos you get an real bank account which, despite gripes about its functionality, is much more functional than Fana will be at the start.

£5 a month for an e-money account and they remove all ability to choose where your impact goes, picking whatever trend they feel like following for the month. Probably got some of the most controversial charities on the shortlist I’d imagine too

1 Like

As I opined previously, this one’s going to crash and burn.

2 Likes

200?!!‏‏‏

I think they mean us :thinking:

If so, they’ll be disappointed.

Ah. 200 users. That makes more sense.

Given the whole card variety collectible nature they were going for, I thought they’d taken it OTT, with 200 designs at launch.

i suspect this is going to be a case of OPM. keep it rolling until other people’s money runs out