Hello neon

How come you can’t access it? No online login?

1 Like

Maybe you can CASS away. Dump the account, get your fiver back and be done?

1 Like

No nothing! No card, no online login, no pin, no knowledge of security questions, no knowledge of “recent transactions” or the exact amount in the account, no knowledge of previous addresses (I moved around ** a lot** and don’t remember whatever one I used for this).

essentially, I only have my ID to prove I own the account which is apparently not enough :sweat_smile: I no longer really care, it’s just annoying that for a few months I tried very hard to regain access and I was just bounced back & forth :frowning:

1 Like

Do you even have the account? :laughing:

How did you put £5 in this account you have no details at all for?

1 Like

I can understand why NatWest don’t want to deal with you, if all you can provide is a passport and nothing else…!

You could try https://www.mylostaccount.org.uk/

Am I missing something?
700+ posts over on the other place all about a new card :thinking:
What’s all the excitement about?

From day one, the colour of the Monzo card has been a thing - a huge thing, for the Monzo community.

Considering how normal it is now to use Apple and Google Pay, it’s a constant source of puzzlement why the colour of a given card should attract such chat. (But then, I can’t say that bank card design, generally, generates any interest for me). It used to.

Maybe it’s the “something shiny, something new” thing?

2 Likes

The simulacrum of progress

4 Likes

I wish I’d said that :point_up_2:t2::blush:

1 Like

I haven’t a clue - haven’t they tried multi-coloured cards before?

Seems to me everything they offer is a re-hash of something which already flopped.

It’s all dull as dishwater to me but I do see a lot of Monzo cards around…

1 Like

Me too, but I bet I actually see more Halifax, Nationwide or even Virgin Money cards in the wild, I just don’t notice them as much.

Which is the point, I guess.

2 Likes

It’s true no doubt. You need a keener eye for most other cards.

Sadly, as I’m a saddo working in financial services, I do spot high cost credit cards in pubs & clubs which often gives me a shiver.

2 Likes

Ever spotted a Centurion?

To be honest I’m reasonably impressed when I see an Amex of any kind.

Not seen one of those.

See a lot of BA Ones.

I have the see through once which sometimes gets compliments from cashiers - I don’t think it’s all that special!

Think of them as the Child & Co cards for the younger generation :wink:

1 Like

Monzo Plus and Premium cards don’t use the standard colour.

But I think this may be the first time different colours are available on free accounts.

I’m always surprised by how much attention my revolut pride card gets. Though it’s only under-30 female shop assistants who actually go all “oh, I love your card”. I strongly suspect that kind of attention is highly sought after by a certain segment of the Monzo crowd…

Good point.

I honestly don’t get the need to moan so much about Monzo doing neon cards, or about the people who like them/want them.

No, most people won’t be seeing their card often, because trust me, the people who are interested in this stuff are also the ones most likely to use Apple/Google Pay. It’s just a hobby. Do you also have a quiet laugh at those who collect stamps; and question why Royal Mail bothers with issuing different stamp designs when they all end up dirty and in the recycling anyway? Or do you just not have anything better to do?

5 Likes