HSBC Push Notifications

Ive just checked on iOS and i have it now

2 Likes

I’m not holding my breath…

1 Like

How many of us are still waiting?

I am :frowning:

I’m still waiting but have had enough, so I’m CASSing away. Still haven’t heard back from two customer service agents I spoke to a few days ago and doubt that I ever will.

1 Like

I have it. I’m not sure why you guys don’t

1 Like

Neither, it appears, do HSBC…

2 Likes

I query the delay with HSBC on a regular basis (at least monthly) and always get a ‘variation’ answer for the delay. It seems no one from HSBC can give the definitive answer. It’s just a bit frustrating.

1 Like

Err… anyone else still not got push notifications or is it just me? :slight_smile:

Closed my last account with HSBC a couple of days ago and never had notifications enabled.

There may finally be some movement on this from First Direct.

Today’s app update adds a new “coming soon” section to the app (under “What’s new”) and it mentions notifications!

Not ETA, as yet, but hopefully it’s not too far away.

Also supposedly on the way are tags and transaction categories.

2 Likes

I was with First Direct for a couple of years at one time but the app was dreadful - all blocky and just black on white. DSK was in its infancy at the time and made things very complicated.

Good to know that they will be a possibility in the future, though (I do love my notifications :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Yeah, it sounds like they are still fairly similar (and actually behind HSBC in lots of ways with features).

I only joined them earlier this year for the switching bonus, and to check them out as I’d never had an account before, so I don’t know how the app used to be.

It’s very white and plain now, but does most things (except for notifications and nice transaction data). It sounds like they may finally be adding some fintech-inspired features, which is interesting.

We’ll see how it pans out!

1 Like

An update has just been released today on iOS to enable notifications for M&S credit cards, so the rollout across HSBC brands is continuing.

First Direct will presumably be next.

I installed the new HSBC app today and it has finally enabled notifications for me. Unfortunately I have no HSBC accounts to test it with but at least the bell icon and notification preferences are present now.

As I suspected then, it “flips the switch” for everyone.

Hopefully they will move on to enabling First Direct now.

2 Likes

Anybody else without notifications this afternoon? I’ve done a couple of transactions, one in and one out but not received anything.

I’ve checked to see that notifications are still enabled.

Edit: notifications have now arrived, only 2 hours late!

They were probably doing maintenance on their systems. This happens with Lloyds, Barclays and HSBC from time to time.

Yes, that’s what I assumed.