HSBC Push Notifications

Push notifications have completely stopped for me. Last one I had was a couple of days ago, even though there has been money in and out. They’re not appearing in the in-app list of notifications, either. I’ve checked with my mother and she is still receiving them.

It’s nothing to do with my iPhone because I have the app on my iPad, too. I suppose it could possibly be connected with my Apple ID but I’m getting notifications from other apps OK.

Same for me. They weren’t appearing in the in-app list either but most are showing there now - a good 12 hours after the transactions.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum :slightly_smiling_face:

Starting to appear for me now, too.

Have HSBC push notifications got more reliable yet does anyone know?

They’ve always been really reliable for me? Typically within 30 seconds or less of the transaction

2 Likes

The other afternoon they stopped working for both me and another customer in the family. They were working again late evening.

Anyone know if they are better than Lloyds bank?

Personally, I would say yes. In my experience, the HSBC notifications for transactions are more timely.

That’s good to hear! I use monzo as my main account and I’m looking to move back to a legacy bank and just use monzo as a spending account rather than my main hub. Got HSBC advanced and NatWest for their £200 switch offers so I’m going to see which if either is any good for main banking

Lloyds’ notifications are silent whereas HSBC’s are not. I’ve always felt that silent notifications are rather pointless unless you are constantly glued to your phone.

2 Likes

I agree silent financial notifications are pointless especially when about fraud

2 Likes

The HSBC ones are good, the NatWest ones are nicer in terms of formatting. Personally for me both have always been timely and useful.

I couldn’t bank with anyone who didn’t have this feature now. Slight aside but if FD ever do get around to it I’d hope they make them nicer and better formatted.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be able to tell you which notifications are silent or not, because my whole phone is permanently on silent/ do not disturb mode, and it’s staying that way. If I’m expecting an important call, which isn’t very often, I will turn the sound on, but otherwise, the constant pinging would drive me mad and I’d throw it through the window.

1 Like