Jaja 2.0

I’ve since seen a number of pretty appalling reviews of Jaja related to the onboarding of Post Office and AA credit card holders. And it’s a poor show to treat any customer like they’ve treated you, @Dan.

The onboarding today was very simple indeed. You see your credit limit and interest rate offer on the basis of a soft check, and only if you proceed do they complete a hard check. Setting up the DD was very simple in-app. There’s nothing I can do now until the physical card arrives.

Unsure how much use it will actually get. Probably very little. But it’s a Visa credit card so may be useful to keep alive just in case (all my existing credit cards are either Amex or MasterCard).

Just like Bip, Jaja has no FX fees.

3 Likes

Yep - will check and report back here.

1 Like

I also signed up for Jaja 2.0 account, and was accepted. Agreed that the onboarding was smooth and straightforward.

Although, apart from having a somewhat decent app, I’m struggling to see what’s attractive about them? No instant notifications, not even “pending” payments.

2 Likes

I suspect your Jaja card will get the hammering my Fineco card will. :rofl:

Thanks for commenting on this.

Yeah - I don’t get it. They had this with the beta/pioneer card and it was one of the key appeals. When it launched a year or two ago there were very few credit cards that had this. Very odd that they’ve removed it.

I was on the Waiting List for the original card fof an absolute age before I told them to forget it.

I now hold a visa credit card and a Mastercard credit card, who both offer fee free FX transactions, so there is no hole in my portfolio now for a JaJa credit card.

Oh dear :joy:

1 Like

This :point_up_2:
I never got past about 8000 on the waiting list and subsequently gave up.
Ok, I don’t have a Mastercard credit card in my armoury, but with Nationwide, Tymit and Amex, so far (touch wood) I haven’t had any problems.

2 Likes

I added the Halifax Clarity Mastercard this week after a speculative eligibility check, now that I have a Halifax current account, came back as “pre-approved”.

Not a great credit limit, however, it would be mainly used for deposits abroad, rather than day-to-day spend abroad, for which I have my Monzo and Starling mastercards.

My VISA card has a far greater limit, so all bases covered really.

I only have both providers in my portfolio in case it is one of those days where one of the main two systems go down, or the rare location that only accepts one of those providers.

Not that I plan to travel abroad until 2022 anyway :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Finally!

3 Likes

Don’t get too excited: my new shiny card still hasn’t rocked up :roll_eyes:

To be fair, it is shiny. I like the spot UV effect on it

(sorry for bragging @Rob :sweat_smile: )

Card competition still going strong then.

Replacement Halifax card came through today and I’m pretty impressed

1 Like

It’s almost like what the replacement First Direct design should have been, only with the Halifax logo instead of the fingerprint.

i got offered an abysmal limit with an abysmal rate, especially in comparison to other cards I have, really not worth having, made the decision whether to go forwards or not incredibly easy.

Monzo’s take on a credit card/pot seems to be just around the corner so I think i’ll wait for that now before looking at any other cards for a bit

1 Like

:tada:
@Rob Any sign of yours yet?

To be honest, it’s been so long (nearly 3 years) since I joined the waiting list, I can’t remember why I was interested in it in the first place. What’s their main USP again? The app does seem very polished though.

2 Likes

Been there a few times :joy:.

…. including looking at a newly-delivered Amazon package and not having the vaguest idea what it is ! :confused:

1 Like

It does! But still lacks some of the things I’ve come to expect of a new player in the market, like notifications and even an updated balance (where are the pending transactions?!)

1 Like

Oh! I’d just automatically assumed it would have those. That’s a shame.

1 Like

Can I see the back

Sure!

1 Like