Jaja 2.0

At long long last, it arrived this morning. So that took them two weeks. I’ve just activated it in the app so good to go. Nice looking card I must say.

Shame it doesn’t do Apple Pay. I noticed the FAQs state it’s not supported either but I had to give it a go. Ended up adding it to Curve instead so I can do Pay via Curve. Found a use for Curve again!

Jaja don’t charge for foreign commission so will use Jaja natively for FX else I’ll attract Curve’s fees (workaround: change the currency of the card in Curve Wallet - bit of a faff).

Not used the card yet. Might grab a KFC for dinner tonight (KFC doesn’t accept Amex :roll_eyes:). So while it seems I won’t get notifications from Jaja directly, I should get them via Curve.

Will see how it goes…

1 Like

Wasnt it was because it supposed to be a fintech credit card? And that we were going to get £20 knocked off our first bill…? I can’t find that email though.

1 Like

I still can’t find a use for curve aside from giving debit cards Apple Pay, really I’d use AmEx or Aqua Rewards for anything else

1 Like

Ah, rubbish. Another thing I’d just assumed it would have from day 1. :man_facepalming:t2: This isn’t going to become my secondary card after all (primary: Starling Debit), at least not yet.

There’s not a database of credit cards and the functionality they/their apps offer somewhere is there?

1 Like

Not that I can think of, but Apple do publish a list of providers that support Apple Pay (so you can always check that, at least).

2 Likes

I had JaJa V1 and it was not bad.

I now use Tymit and have to say it’s pretty good. All the usuals, instant notifications etc. Apply Pay confirmed (as much as they are allowed to) for next week.

What I really like is that when I make a payment it is instantly received and my available balance updated.

Still in its infancy but my choice until Statling pop up with one.

4 Likes

So dinner was okay. Paid for on Jaja via Pay with Curve. No notification at all from the Jaja app, no pending transaction shown, and the “available to spend” (my credit limit) has not been reduced by the £5.99 KFC transaction.

I guess it’s possible Curve just authorised the transaction without seeking authorisation from the underlying funding card, but that’s unlikely and would not be normal behaviour for Curve.

Very non-fintechy indeed.

1 Like

Ok, this is odd. This morning, out of the blue I received 9 “verification code” SMSs from Jaja. About one a minute from 6:30 and another at 7:30.

When I opened the app up, I discovered it’s listing another, unactivated, card, which wasn’t there yesterday!?

Not a good start…

1 Like

Just had this response from Jaja:

Yes we are having some issues with this today. there has been an update with our app and web and we think this may have caused the problem. We are working on a fix at the moment and we apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Definitely feels to me like someone else was trying to activate their card, but it was somehow getting linked to my account! Hopefully I’m wrong.

Not touching this with a barge pole!

3 Likes

And I wouldn’t touch it with YOUR barge pole ! :smirk:

3 Likes

I was on the wait list for the original card. Got the invite to JAJA 2.0 and applied. It does not have any of the functionality I was expecting - instant notifications etc. The first transction which was a nominal amount never appeared as pending, took two days to show on the account and and via the app the transaction had been duplicated and double deduction was taken from the avaliable to spend. Phone JAJA and the problem is a software glich their end. Not a great experience

Thanks for this, and welcome, @Ruflonger

1 Like

Probably means my £5.99 KFC meal last night is gonna cost me £11.98 :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Looking at their Twitter feed, they appear to have a number of issues today. Duplicate transactions, spurious emails and texts going to customers…

2 Likes

Unfortunately this is standard behaviour, even without using something like Curve. No notification and no pending transaction.

I did query this, and all I was told was it takes a few days. Very odd and disappointing for someone as new to the game as them.

1 Like

They haven’t fixed the problem yet either.

https://twitter.com/jajayourlife/status/1426151024868343819?s=20

1 Like

Just had this through from Jaja:

Hello Mathew,

We’re aware of a recent system issue that resulted in some credit card customers seeing the same transaction appear multiple times in their app or online servicing account. As a result, the balance shown in the app and online servicing account may have been incorrect.

We can now confirm that the issue has been resolved and there has been no adverse effect to your account or credit rating because of this.

If you use our app and you haven’t already, please update your app to the latest version by visiting the App Store or Google Play store.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience or worry this might have caused you and would like to thank you for your patience and understanding.

3 Likes