Kroo Discussion

Where does it stipulate that the restriction is monthly?
Other limits in that list are daily. :thinking:

Under Foreign Withdrawals :thinking:

I think it is all over the place tbh.

Some are clearly daily, others are possibly, but not clearly :man_shrugging:

To me anyway.

Shouldn’t be an issue anyway.

Agreed. But even under foreign withdrawals it refers to daily spending.

But I also agree - it’s not going to figure for me any time soon - if ever.

I’ve tried to get a straight answer from Kroo about this and all they did was reply and copy and paste the prepay account limits when I have a current account.

I’ve since discovered Kroo joins the many with ridiculously poor unhuman copy and paste support.

Edit: The 50 Card Transactions is a daily limit. I’ve also had to raise a complaint because Sam from Kroo apologised and then replied and ignored my question a third time. It took a manager escalation for me to get this answer.

I’m not using this account. I do not have the patience for this kind of staff incompetence.

1 Like

I reckon they’ve misread the importance of getting the simple details right. They’re new, of course, so I’ll cut them some slack.

Well Kroo through Google Pay did not embarrass me at the new Wetherspoons when using for first time :blush::+1:

Had wondered tbh when app mentioned chip and PIN before contactless.

4 Likes

That’s a very swish Wetherspoons. I made a transfer from my Kroo account and it got held but was reviewed within an hour. A lot faster than their prepay reviews especially on a Sunday.

I remember when I had their prepaid card and had a transfer from Saturday early hours held until Tuesday

It opened 22nd, so brand new.

All the seating is in the air though! Some have to climb to get on it :rofl:

I’ve been happy with my Kroo account so far, but yet to experience CS, other than to suggest a dark mode.

Yet to transfer out.

Finding this app and Chase very bright on my phone :sunglasses:

1 Like

This is the case with every physical card that’s sent out, to prevent the card from being intercepted and used physically via contactless. A successful chip and PIN authorisation enables the contactless functionality.

Oh I know that :rofl:

I meant being able to use Google Pay from the off.

Never expected it to work for some reason, though has done so perfectly well with other providers, before card received :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Email received advising change to terms and conditions wef 1 December 2022 (today) :

We’re making some changes to the Conditions of your current account and wanted to let you know. The new changes benefit you and take effect from December 1st 2022.

We’re amending Condition 22 to make it possible for us to pay interest on current accounts. This doesn’t mean we’re now paying interest on current accounts, but it means we can do so if at some time in the future we think it’s appropriate.

We’ve also introduced a new Condition 32 about Open Banking. This is something that all banks and other payment service providers in the UK must offer for online accounts. It gives you the option to aggregate information about payment accounts you hold with various providers. It also offers you additional ways of paying money into your Kroo account or transferring money from your Kroo account to another service provider in the UK.

We’ve also made a few very minor changes to clarify some points. All of these are designed to make it easier to understand the Conditions. The changes are:

• In Condition 3.5 we now make it clear that the reference to an overdraft is to an “arranged overdraft”.

• In Condition 6.1 we now make it clear that the reference to a Kroo account is to a Kroo current account.

• In Condition 26 we cross reference a condition about Continuous Payment Authority. We now make it clear that the cross reference is to Condition 30.

• In Condition 26.3 we have simplified the definition of the “reference rate”. The reference rate for foreign transactions made with your card remains the Visa exchange rate.

• In Condition 28 we make it clear that setting a new PIN can be done through the app rather than at an ATM, and we explain when it is appropriate to unfreeze a compromised card in order to reset a PIN.

• In Condition 34.4 we now refer to “arranged overdrafts” rather than “agreed overdrafts” to make this more consistent with other conditions.

• In condition 37 we have a new definition of “card number” to reflect the fact that our design for cards no longer involves having the number embossed across the middle of the card.

If you do not wish to accept these Conditions you have the right to close your account at any time. Please contact customer support in-app if you wish to do so or if you have any questions regarding changes to Kroo’s current account terms and conditions.

Team Kroo

3 Likes

The current account interest facility caught my eye (as it’s supposed to :blush:). Hope that’s a shape of things to come (soon).

4 Likes

How are you all finding the account so far?

How’d you rate it compared to the launches of Starling, Monzo, Chase, and N26 if you can recast your memories? Thinking in terms of which was most polished, free from bugs and issues, and just all around solid account.

Which fintech bank had the best launch product?
  • Starling
  • Monzo
  • N26
  • Chase

0 voters

It reminds me of the chase launch. Just because it was barebones. It would be interesting if Kroo offer cashback. Algbra do and they are not a bank so the money must be there for Kroo.

3 Likes

I like the app, in that it’s clean and loads quickly, but do miss the notes feature of other apps.

The lack of category assignment will also frustrate a few who do the whole intricate budget thing.

2 Likes

They appear to be keen to listen to users, with the new feature suggestions in-app.

3 Likes

I have been invited to open the current account but I can not go past the password set up step, it seems all the passwords I generate are not allowed.
I think the app glitched. I ended up getting two verification emails, so I didn’t know what password to use and went for password reset option which was successful.
I try to login, they send a verification code to my number then next page says my number is already used on another account.
Like seriously??
I have tried their support in chat and page even refreshed before I could get a response.

1 Like

And have you now had a response?

Someone replied after two hours asking for D.O.B, address, Kroo card last 4 digits, post code, confirm photo ID used, but problem is I had not yet reached that stage. :flushed::flushed:
So I explained what happened and they responded one hour later saying they will review the application in 3 working days.
They basically have nothing apart from email, phone number and name. Application was not yet complete or anywhere beyond that as far as I know.
I will be waiting for the outcome, but I be out of UK by that time so I will complete it later at the end or the month.

New iOS update