Monese £40 Referral

What are the conditions of the referral for 70 pounds?

Sure you have to spend like £500 but prob some workaround for that

1 Like

If you check the conditions I may be interested :eyes: I could probably loop 500 through Starling or pay my credit card off this month through it

You have got to order and activate a physical card and do your first card transaction (physical or virtual, weirdly) for the first bit of cash.

Then 500 pounds/EUR with your card or cross-currency transfers to non Monese accounts for the second bit.

Paying for “financial services” doesn’t count, so maybe paying off a credit card wouldn’t work

1 Like

Does it mention if rent isn’t okay? I have 2k to pay in a month or two

Yes, it’s £70 now. Some after your first transaction and the rest after spending £500.

The only specific exclusion I can see mentioned is gambling.

1 Like

Topping-up Revolut with the card might even work, as that often doesn’t seem to be actually excluded even when “financial institutions” are barred in the terms.

I have no idea what they process their transactions as, but presumably the MCC is something finance-related.

I would assume that rent would definitely work.

Neato. It occurs to me they’d probably lock my account if 2.6k went into it at once though, which is unfortunate. Guess I’ll just try the Revolut meme

Someone hit me up with a link?

You could always pay in two separate transactions, perhaps only using Monese for a small part of it?

Anyway, I’ve PMed you if you want to use my code.

Ye i’ll see at the time how I cheese it, it’s not until May anyways so the offer is around then I’ll use it

Monese now offering 1.5% cashback as a referral perk on top of existing offer

My referral code: JOHNS345

Don’t forget they’ll charge you for sending you a card too.

Sounds okay for those who will lose Chase 1% cashback promotion in September, perhaps.

True, but it sounds like the cashback is for virtual cards too

Does anyone know whether you need a physical card to successfully refer someone else?

Shame I exhausted everyone who I could think of who might be interested in Monese when I first joined.
(Did make a few quid though :grinning:)

You don’t need a physical card to have the account, so why for referral?!

Its present somewhere in the wording of the T&C - but I’m not sure if it’s just poor wording…

Yeah, it’s within T&C 3

To earn a “stage 1 referral bonus”:

The Referred Customer you share your code or link with must receive and activate their Monese Mastercard

Suggests to me you must order a physical card, in order to receive and activate it.

Perhaps @Gaoler can clarify, as I suppose you can also receive, and activate, a virtual card :person_shrugging:

I double checked the help and it says “You’ll both also need to order and activate a physical Monese card”. Hadn’t spotted that before… Seems a bit counter intuitive, as part of the point of providing virtual cards is surely to reduce the number of physical cards.

Another pointless hoop?

Perhaps they make a bit on the despatch costs.

Wouldn’t have thought it was much though tbf, once production, packing and shipping costs deducted.