Monese £40 Referral

Yeah so I reopened my account but the physical card had been replaced - ordered a new one with the hope of making it back

Do you have to pay for additional joint cards should you want them - can you use a joint account without the cards.

@Rexx

Just curious, I have an old closed account. How do you reopen one?

Thank you :grinning:

Just email from the email you had with Monese - opened back up no ID check

Brill, ta

There appears to be no charge for a physical card for new users now.

Is that right?

Interesting.

Yeah, it was a delivery charge before.

Although I asked them to delete all my details, I guess they’re still in their system somewhere so would not class me as a new customer.

Makes it easier to sell the promo to friends if so!

Good to see Monese making some moves - the app is great I have to say.

Got no friends :sob:

Couldn’t do chase referral either :man_shrugging:

I know it’s only day one of the Monese 1.5% cashback on debit card purchases but I’ve not used the account other than for the gift card promos. Is there any info on how the cashback will be shown? I was hoping for something similar to Chase so you can see the cashback per purchase almost immediately. Or maybe it will just be a single payment next month for this months purchases?

Not sure if I’ve missed a widget or setting within the app which may show me the cashback information.

Monese are promoting the 1.5 cashback offer again if anyone wants to join and use my invite code:

DAN9843

You have to deposit £250 before the end of July to qualify for the cashback and there’s a potential £30 to each of us too. Full details here:

Have you been able to find the answer to your cashback question?

Nope, just going to wait until next month and see how it appears in the app.

You get £20 for free, just follow the steps:

• Download the app: https://www.mone.se/7vQs/ra4ngpf4
  • Create an account and use my referral code: NANDO795
  • Select their starter plan to get a Monese card delivered for free
  • Activate the physical card via the app & use the card to make a transaction of at least £1. (e.g. Top up your Amazon account)

They will add £20 to your account as soon as that transaction has been confirmed (you are free to do whatever you like with that £20 - e.g. transfer it or spend it)

You can get an additional free £10 when you spend £500 using the card. You can also refer up to 15 friends and get £20 each when they use the Monese card for any transaction (within 30 days of signing up)

Thanks.

Looks like that offer has bit the dust as no reference to it on the Invite and Earn page now.

You have missed off a step.

The one where you load your card/account in order to spend your minimum £1.

Hopefully though, that is obvious to even the most novice user :rofl:

Update on the 1.5% cashback, I received a payment today simply marked “Payment from Monese Ltd” There was no itemisation to show which purchases qualified for cashback and which didn’t, or how much cashback for each purchase.

It looks like the cashback may be per transaction (rather than the total spent) with some rounding up as the amount of cashback was very slightly more than 1.5.% of total spend.

As expected, no cashback on things like paying credit card bill and deposit to savings account. I think the exceptions list is the same as for Chase.

3 Likes