Nationwide accounts

A post was merged into an existing topic: Starling Progress

Better switch my Tesco account before it’s closed anyway.

1 Like

Given that monzo seems to be refusing applications without obvious reasons if you go by their forum: who knows… certainly wouldn’t put it past those clowns.

I use it exclusively for holding, sending and receiving euros via SEPA transfers, and for that it works well - just a bank account really. I have never used the card, as all my card spend is from a credit card (find budgeting easier that way), but I understand it shares a card with the normal gbp account, and I’m not sure id trust that with all the dcc and other shenanigans merchants seem to be so keen on.

So in summary: as an account it works well. As a spending card I don’t think I’d use it.

3 Likes

Now THERE is a good example.:blush:

Another thing one can do, if you already have an account with a high street bank, is open a second account with them.

I’ve done this before: opened a second account with Barclays (as I already had an account with them that was dead easy) then switch to hsbc for a bribe.

Incidentally I switched that hsbc account back into my main Barclays account a few months later, when they had a switching bribe :joy:

2 Likes

Sorted :+1:

1 Like

Briefly got excited when this arrived…

But 0.35% doesn’t quite cut it…:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I’d have happily CASS’ed my RBS account to Nationwide, except I don’t have any direct debits going out of it. Shame, £125 is better than any interest I’d get on any regular savings account if I had one.

I could toss in my Starling account, but that would be stoopid because my view is as a bank, Starling are just miles ahead of Nationwide, but then Starling are a bank whereas Nationwide are a building society.

Yes, I’ve pretty got my Starling account sat dormant. I could CASS away from it, but I don’t hold with that any more. Been there - dine that. And for a few quid ? Nah.

And anyway, my Starling account is more about nostalgia than anything else.

But that’s me and Starling (he said, noting just how off-topic I’ve taken it….:flushed:).

My response over Starling was a bit tongue in cheek. I use my Starling account everyday, indeed I wouldn’t dump it now or ever, unless the bank did something completely stupid, and they haven’t caused me any issues since opening the account.

The Wife and I are still Nationwide customers because it’s our main joint bill paying account. I chopped my old solo Nationwide account to CASS to RBS over a year back. I just have never used the RBS account as an everyday banking account, hence no direct debits only wages paid into it which I have hardly touched in months resulting in a bit of a lump of cash sat there not doing much.

1 Like

My RBS account is ready to CASS. I’d miss out on cheque imaging and post office deposits. I’d also have to time it right given I do use the RBS account and it wouldn’t be a dud move. Still, £50 each? :thinking:

1 Like

I could actually I suppose quite easily chop my TV licencing direct debit over to RBS because I can do that online straight away. Unfortunately, I can’t find another direct debit that is as easy to chop over from either my Starling or Nationwide accounts. I’m going to have to try and work this one out. It’s not like I really need the RBS account, but it does have the in app credit score facility, though I admit, it isn’t worth keeping the app or account just for that :laughing:

1 Like

Just set up one with PayPal?

I’d rather disembowel myself if I’m honest. I’d like £125, but just not using PayPal as part of the process. Personal choice and I have my reasons.

4 Likes

£5 to a dogs home? Lol

I’m not fan of PayPal either, and don’t have an account with them :expressionless:

Grrrrrr! I can’t stand dogs :rofl:

I like cats tho

2 Likes

If ever there was a Saturday topic, it’s that……:dog::heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

I love all cats, both Nationwide and Internationally…struggling like hell to keep the Nationwide in there :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Take a look at https://www.onepounddd.com/

Suggested on an MSE forum thread.

It irks me that people have set these sorts of things up, as it’s almost “consensual scamming” (basically, money for very little/nothing to them, in return for you pursuing further gain) but then again that’s mainly because I didn’t think of it myself!