Other Fintech Forum Moderation

Interesting, thanks. I had never before seen any “official acknowledgment” of the fact that some CC are also mods, so that’s good to know.

Still leaves the question of who Alan really is, and whether he and one or more CC memebers are in fact the same person :joy:

What if… we’re all Alan?

A collective consciousness. Allan

1 Like

We have reached the singularity.

Discourse has become sentient and has created the persona of Allan to set humans against each other, just for the hell of it!

2 Likes

Maybe Monzo would be profitable if you closed accounts of customers who lose you money

Hear me out but, the actual idea of business is to offer a service for more than you provide it for

1 Like

Would you be able to name one reason why a bank would close a bank account with notice, based on financial crime

In which the customer was not a victim* I don’t think it’s a requirement to close the account of someone who’s been tricked into participating in criminal act

You’re in the wrong topic there. This is about forum moderation

Thanks for spotting, Robyn

• Recchan, I’m going to move your posts :blush:

Doesn’t this mean all posts in that reply chain were also off-topic? Can I ask why you suddenly decide to care now?

@anon85728687 antst to be moderator, I think :joy:

I’ve gathered but I think if someone wanted their car driven down the road they’d ask for you to drive it, if you just got into the front seat and took it I think Fireman Sam and his police mate would be doing you for being a nuisance

@Recchan, Robyn helpfully noticed you’d dropped these Monzo-related posts in the wrong thread.

I don’t think I’m missing anything here. Come back to me if needs be.

1 Like

I have no idea what any of that means

I’m simply mentioning that the comment replied to was similarly off topic and made days ago, plenty of time for anyone to raise objections

If Robyn wants to mention that my post is off topic that’s fine, but she missed the chance to mention it after leaving other off-topic posts for days, it’s not like they werent here reading the thread. To critique me for replying to an off-topic post days later is just a farce.

Not all posts end up where they should. Sometimes they just stay where they are and no ones the worse for it. But it’s good practice to move them when it’s clear.

Let’s please leave it there?

At least there’s someone else who will get as many votes for moderation as I do.

2 Likes

And it’s back in business

3 Likes

This will be…interesting, to say the least.

So…a heads-up.

Message to all. This forum isn’t going to be used to bash the Monzo forum nor abuse its staff or moderators.

12 Likes

There seems to be some good positive change here IMO with regards to how they’re running things. It may not be much. But it’s something, and it’s progress.

Disagree and criticise the actions of moderators and the coral crew by all means, but do not harass them over it! If that’s what happened at the weekend to cause the closure, then it is disappointing.

I’m glad they’re dedicating more staff time to it. Because to mitigate that harassment, the folk who do that need somewhere else to take their frustration. That doesn’t mean harass Alan. But report unsavoury behaviour and actions to him, and hopefully now, he’ll at the very least acknowledge them beyond the current scripted reply.

4 Likes

Tl;dr Revolut Forum did this and is now 99.9% dead

Coral Crew are extremely biased at times, but Richard of course decided not to mention if he acknowledged that some punched above their weight or not, typical both sides of the pond PR and damage control at it’s best.

Not bashing them, I just hate this wishy washy attitude. Either he’s going to stand by them and say they are right no questions or he should remove the ones that he does believe crossed that line, imo. There definitely have been some.

But I don’t go on there anymore, as I was seen as “one of the people who cause problems and foster a not-very-nice environment” so, wo-ho