Other Fintech Forum Moderation

Isn’t Alex behind that place? If so that’s no surprise… .

1 Like

Alex that used to mod Monzo? Been and gone at Freetrade ages ago

Did I miss something today? Other than TESTING

2 Likes

Ah, didn’t know. Looks like his influence is still felt :grimacing:

Draw a line under the sand about the forum and move on, it’s not the be all and end all

2 Likes

What it does, though, is provide a lot of entertainment :joy:

1 Like

@rob_dozens would probably know better but I’ve never seen these issues on the Dozens community. It’ seems very chilled over there

5 Likes

The guys over at the Tymit community are pretty much the same :+1:

2 Likes

Was shocked by the read only mode on monzo as only just looked so missed what was going on. Must say think the moderation on here seems good so far. Can’t comment on other forums other than starling but can understand why it was shut down when they did.

5 Likes

I have found most forums well moderated and have had no issues.

The exceptions are Monzo where I feel they close threads or declare them off topic, just because one moderator doesn’t want them to go on - despite them not harming anyone and being civil - as well as an overeager tendancy to remove posts (especially without telling anyone including the author)

The other was Freetrade, which I don’t visit much now, but there was one ex-staff member who objected to customers questioning the unprofessional manner in which I thought one of their crowdfunding rounds was carried out - and seemed quite offensive about it.

4 Likes

Posting on Monzo is disabled for the rest of the weekend. R-

1 Like

I’m going to respectfully suggest this forum wasn’t set up for this. We’re proving we can stand up as a forum in our own right without resorting to that.

Let’s respect @Mathew’s earlier advice about moving on. This isn’t a place to settle scores. :pensive:

6 Likes

The TV thread :point_up:t3: reminds me of any Saturday or Sunday on the Starling forum. :blush:

2 Likes

I absolutely agree with this.

2 Likes

I used to frequent the Emma Community Forum, however, I find it not as active as the Monzo one, and few contributors.

When the Emma product was no use to me either, I left. Not been back in months, though doubt it has changed much.

Rebekah was very active in trying to invigorate and enthuse the community over there, but you need visitors to read those posts and increase activity.

No trolling there though imo.

1 Like

Yes, but I expect the toll of moderating contributed significantly to accumulation of the straws.

Some of the ones I visit are so small that I don’t think they have comparable challenges (I’m thinking of Dozens, Emma, and Snoop). Perhaps Freetrade, Revolut, and Curve are the only ones of comparable size and challenges to the Monzo community.

One of the challenges of the Curve community was its genuinely international membership. It eventually introduced country-specific mods).

As I recall (briefly a moderator) it had little room for discussion about broader topics, confining itself to the feature list and problems associated with it.

It’s biggest headache was coping with the never-ending complaints about its product range and the introduction of paid tiers - and the inevitable metal card.

The community manager (unless things have changed) would try hard to generate broader discussion but with little success.

The most noise was when Curve became disconnected from American Express, which relationship had previously been massively advantageous in building air-miles etc.

3 Likes

Not sure if it’s been posted here as I’m new after seeing a link in the Tymit Community but the Monzo Community has been put in read only :see_no_evil:. What happened?

It’s been/being discussed here

Welcome to community :grinning:

3 Likes

@anon85728687 thanks for pointing me to this thread :pray:

2 Likes