Royal Bank of Scotland accounts

I seem to recall being told to wait for a statment to generate. This would have been eons ago now though.

1 Like

Oh, excellent! Do you remember how to do it? Do I need to contact them? And do they perform a credit search?

It was over the phone, I don’t recall there being a hard search added but there could have been, it was too long ago to be certain.

Got this message this morning which was nice surprise

2 Likes

I got the same pleasant surprise - I was getting rid of an old account that I was going to close anyway and couldn’t remember last time I got a Royal Bank switch incentive.

1 Like

Yep, got mine yesterday :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Just to add more to the mystery of the Drummonds debit card. I’ve never been to either branches to open an account. I followed the instructions within this thread and I was granted both the Drummonds debit card and the child & co card .

5 Likes

Strange. I did the same but only received a Child & Co. (which looks OK but was better without the bright Mastercard colours).

1 Like

Which post has the instructions?

1 Like

Seems to have been removed… curious!

1 Like

That would have been my post, since I was the one who found the link and shared it here first before other forums found it and started spreading it. And is why one of the more popular threads on a fintech forum is for a legacy bank! :joy:

I’m surprised you missed it way back when!

I removed all my posts at the recommendation of other users because the large influx appeared to be raising some eyebrows at RBS and a few folks reported being contacted, asked why they used the old form, and chose that branch. And some had accounts yanked off em after being approved and receiving the card.

I’ve messaged you with the guide.

A quick note though, the old form goes to sleep at night time and will be offline from around 10pm until 8am, so if you want to open one, try in the morning.

3 Likes

Interesting! When did you go through the process, and do you meet Premier criteria?

I really want to try but don’t want to risk losing my home sort code

When was this?

16th October this year was the date I submitted the application form and account was opened on the 24th.

1 Like

Ah, not worth me trying then. There is still a mystery factor involved that we just can’t figure out

Submitted an application for Drummonds. Will let the board know which card I receive.

(Purely curiosity, the Drummonds card looks whack IMHO!)

Can you add it to Apple Pay? It will show which card’s coming

1 Like

How do you apply for Drummonds? I can’t even find a website.

Same old RBS form, you just use the Drummonds sort code. Didn’t you say you applied?

2 Likes

Sorry, that was for Child & Co. I haven’t tried Drummonds.

1 Like

Not yet - I only applied today, I presume the application will be processed tomorrow and a debit card generated Tues/Weds, we’ll see.

1 Like