Royal Bank of Scotland accounts

:crossed_fingers:

Let us know which card turns up! It does seem like most people get the drummonds design these days.

There were rumblings of a redesign over at the other place, so will be interesting to see if yours is the same.

Will be an interesting letter opening - which you don’t say often nowadays!

I heard you can add it to a digital wallet prior to its delivery - which could ruin the surprise?

Is the thread you’re referring to the “child & co branch closure” one?

If I get it a child application will be tempting :joy:

1 Like

I don’t think you can with going through the old form! Although, it may depend if you’re an existing customer or not.

If you’re already a customer, you might notice the account show up in the app before the physical one arrives, at which point you’ll be able to add it from there.

No I meant Monzo :laughing:

But then a photo of the physical:

Yes I’m an existing customer - I have a Royal Bank Credit Card from my normal current account days. The screenshot I gave was from my RBS app mailbox!

Ah yes - you just mean the Mastercard logo? I think most of the recent applicants said they got a Master.

1 Like

I think that’s all that changed with the physical. The Apple Pay design looks totally different though. Will be interesting to see what you end up with.

The Child&Co ones didn’t change much.

1 Like

The Apple Pay design is just RBS being weird. There is/was no gradient so no idea why they did it in Apple Pay

3 Likes

Is yours like that in Apple Pay as well?

It is, and has always been. I recall someone over on the Community getting Drummonds mid last year and theirs was like this too

1 Like

Interesting. That’ll presumably have been a visa one as well. Not sure who thought a very basic white to dark blue gradient (and quite a blocky one at that) was a good idea. It looks off to me. Like the actual background texture was missing in the image file, so we got the placeholder.

So I’m in on the app - account is sitting there at the top.

The add to Apple Pay option is there under manage card but it returns an error message - by people saying it’s the next day I assumed that meant for the button to be there but perhaps you mean for it to work?

Why the Mastercard Google/Apple Pay image of the Mastercard version has that weird gradient, I don’t know.

Yeah, by next day it’s meant for the button to actually work and add it. :blush:

1 Like

Well - being impatient I went ahead and added it via the long card number & I can confirm it has Drummonds branding!

However, it wants me to verify the card and the flow from wallet to app brings up nothing. So I guess I’ll either have to see if that works tomorrow, or delete it and add it from the in app flow. That or I could call up according to the Wallet app.

1 Like

If the app is the only verification option available you’ll need to wait for it catch up tomorrow!

Glad it’s all gone well for you so far though and you got the branded card! :partying_face:

Child&Co next?

1 Like

That Apple Pay image looks soo much better than the MC one :unamused:

Maybe! I think I’ll need to give it a bit of waiting time…

2 Likes

Agreed, but I suppose I’d prefer it that way around if it had to be different. Why they can’t just use the original artwork I have no idea; contrast or something maybe? You can see even the Visa version clearly isn’t the same source.

Maybe the original gradient was a (poor) effort to represent the :sparkles: sparkle :sparkles:

Well my card has been verified on Apple Pay - I dropped them a chat and they did it that way.

The agent had no idea what Drummonds was but was very helpful :joy:

2 Likes

Yeah don’t expect general staff to have knowledge of the peculiarities of these sort codes.