Royal Bank of Scotland accounts

On that note - are there any other similar peculiarities at other banking brands?

1 Like

There are some branch names which retain elements of their provenance - for example Nottingham and Lincoln both have a branch of Natwest named ‘Smiths Bank’, which is a remnant of their original purpose as branches of Samuel Smith & Co.

Just a cute name tho, totally standard Natwest otherwise.

There was a historic Barclays branch on Fleet Street too, Goslings, but the branch closed in 2017 and as far as I remember despite the cool signage it was just a branch of Barclays, with Barclays branded stationary etc.

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Barclays current account rewards

It’s arrived! Without doubt one of my preferred cards to have arrived :hugs:

1 Like

Never advisable to lie on a bank account application tho (not that you’re suggesting that, just warning anyone who might be reading that and thinking they’ll just mis-state their income).

Question: Don’t you have to satisfy the income criteria come what may, fee apart?

After all the criteria is set high for a reason.

Maybe I’ve read it wrongly….

1 Like

Good point - let’s return to topic (I didn’t think we’d drifted too far anyway :blush:).

My question is about the RBS offering. Does your assertion refer to them?

1 Like

Nope - that like HSBC works on the basis of having to have the £ in the first place I believe.

It’s only Barclays that allows you to “upgrade”

1 Like

Ah. This thread has drifted more than I thought.

I’ll try to tidy it up.

Meanwhile - RBS it is…… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

I don’t think we obsessively need to tidy everything :slight_smile: it’s not strayed too far, and flows logically, so it’s probably best where it is

3 Likes

I was asked when I upgraded in Oct/Nov.

1 Like

Hope I’m not, but the more I look, the less I fancy tidying.

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Barclays current account rewards

Does anyone have experience of changing standing orders with RBS?

Mine have all got a value of £0.00 having changed the dates to a new payday

I’ve just noticed that my online PDF statements are now Child & Co branded, not RBS branded.

Not sure when that happened. Must be recent as only my most recent statement has changed.

1 Like

Interesting! I checked and my Child & Co statement (online) from yesterday is still RBS branded, but then my Drummonds account statement from earlier this month is in fact Drummonds branded. I wonder if it’s a gradual change? Now I have to wait a whole month to find out if mine will change!

1 Like

Mine was produced on 17th July - strange that yours is still RBS branded.

Very strange. Both my current and savings accounts are RBS branded still

1 Like

Just checked my July statement and it has child and ck branding where as previous month was rbs branded. The below logo I had in my statement.

1 Like

My July statement is still the purple RBS branding. It does look like a staged roll-out.