Royal Bank of Scotland accounts

Interesting if they’ve actually removed it. What screen now appears immediately after the overdraft section?

When I open it on mobile I get the new form, but on my iPad I still get the old interface. I hope it hasn’t changed as I haven’t had a chance to apply yet (and thought I’d wait to see if people get shut down :laughing:)

Any luck for anyone yet?

I didn’t get that far, it for to the last screen (the “your account” section) with them wanting to do checks on me. I assumed it was gong to complete? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Ah, click next. It’s right after that screen!

I clicked the button :smiley:

I wonder if it will work even though i already have an account with them

1 Like

I think @seb said earlier that it should still work for existing customers using that form too.

2 Likes

Its the first ‘personal’ child&co sort code isnt it 15-80–00

1 Like

Yep, that’s the one!

1 Like

Ha. Done. Lets see what happens. They were pretty good last time i re-opened my account they seemed to have kept details so never needed to do any additional checks or ask for documents.

2 Likes

I believe it will, since I applied using the “new customer” form in the past in order to get the picker again.

They may have changed it since, so do keep us updated @Eden!

2 Likes

This is exciting. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Nothing since the email confirming my application. I expect it’ll be a good few more days before any of us start to hear anything.

I don’t think you hear anything by email again, if it’s the same as when I applied.

The next step would be an account opening letter in the post, where they may request a sample signature to send back to them in a prepaid envelope.

After that, they open your account and you get sent a card a PIN.

2 Likes

I thought RBS only did a soft check? At least I can only see a soft search from when I originally tried

4 Likes

Hopefully! Not seeing anything on my report just yet.

Opened an RBS account last year. Hard search on Equifax, nothing on TU or Experian

3 Likes

I’ve only had two hard searches so far from RBS and the default email saying wait 3-5 days after applying for Child and Co.

Where do they leave a hard search? Or soft

Waiting for my MSE statement to come through but wondering if there’s anywhere I can look at in the meantime

Mines showing on my ClearScore app.

1 Like

@Rexx indicated they might not check your Experian file, which is who MSE use. Nothing showing on my latest Experian report.