Savings Accounts

Tandem and Zopa withdrawal times are very similar they’re using the same clearing bank’s services I think.

Ford Money have raised their Easy Access rates today, but still behind the crowd, at just 2.86% AER

Monzo has launched their own in-house instant access savings pot at 3%.

1 Like

Yeah, on a very slow rollout :joy:

1 Like

You can enable it in Labs and get it immediately.

2 Likes

Ooh, so you can.

Opened and funded :blush:

1 Like

Rather feeble effort from Marcus: Now 2.55% + 0.25% 12m ‘bonus’.

Shame.

I no longer seem to have the option to renew my bonus.

1 Like

My renewal vanished for a couple of weeks but was then reinstated after a mail to that effect…

1 Like

Likewise :slight_smile:

Except I’m not anymore - I’ve moved it to Chip at 3.05%.

1 Like

Cynergy now at 3.11%

1 Like

I’ve done a lot of business with Cynergy - so frequently a rate leader, particularly in ISA country.

A pity their onboarding processes can be turgid, their personal CS approach though is excellent - really nice people. The tech currently lets them down.

Chip are now paying 3.15% on their Instant Access account.

I moved my savings from Zopa to Chip last week and can confirm that withdrawals do arrive in a few seconds.

2 Likes

Still getting 3.26% on my Zopa funds, but then the money in there is not required instantly. That’s what my credit card is for. Zopa funds are to pay off credit card if required :blush:

1 Like

ZOPA Smart Saver rates have increased

EA: 3.07%
7 day: 3.12%
31 day: 3.27%
95 day: 3.47%

Showing in app from today

2 Likes

Latest Zopa update now prevents adding money to a notice pot where notice served.

RIP the ladder.

Yes, that’s an annoying development.

And a tad illogical?

Assuming you had 35 days remaining of 95 days on a pot and you added £XX to it at that point, you’d be earning 3.47%pa on that £XX for locking it away for only 35, rather than 95, days.
That could be why - but my eyebrows are both furrowed at this point, as I squint into the abyss of simple maths.

1 Like