Savings Accounts

5.2% instant access account @ Easy Access Saver | Instant Access Savings Account | Santander UK

3 Likes

Good spot. :smile:
Santander do surprise from time to time.

Goodbye, Tandem, hello Santander!

Worse app but I suppose I won’t be looking at it too often.

1 Like

3 click application process from the app. Can’t say fairer than that really.

My most missed feature from this esaver last time round were instant, immediate, transfers. Tandem seems to take a couple of hours for me (still way better than I think one could reasonably expect tho).

‘Fraid so. Funds shifted. :relieved:

1 Like

I started from the app then got there after logging in with customer ID and number. I can not continue, I have to ho back to the app to authenticate which means this page will be gone and start afresh. So I have to begin application from the browser. Their app is useless.

Likewise :slight_smile:

I closed my old eSaver account and assumed that I’d need to re-apply for online and mobile banking. When I logged into the Santander app it said that I had no accounts and to get in touch with them but still let me apply for the new eSaver. It said that I’d hear within 3 days but when I went back to the app’s home page it was already there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Makes Barclays rainy day redundant, nice.

If you’re logged in to the Santander app, you don’t need to login again - simply click on the apply button in the app, choose savings and choose the account you want to open.

All your details are pre-completed.

It didn’t do that for me. I was in the iOS app. I took that screenshot right from the app.
I have applied from the browser

Just done it, moved my tandem funds across. £20 over a year for 5 minutes work! Be living in a mansion at this rate.

Maybe call them or go via online banking if your app is crapping out. Edit: which you did, I should learn to read posts in full…

And Paragon……

My YBS Loyalty Six Access eSaver is apparently maturing in a couple of weeks and will move to a new account at a lower rate.

Will be nice to see what interest I get, but it currently only holds a quid as it all got shipped out to Santander. As did Chip, which is currently unfunded.

1 Like

New rates today, though Zopa really should have just stayed in bed…

https://www.zopa.com/smart-saver

1 Like

Balance will remain at £0

I noticed that my £1 balance in Zopa has finally increased to £1.01 this morning :smile:

1 Like

Ford Money just announced rate increase to 4.84% gross.

Yeah, thought of you when I got the email.

Sad, I know :rofl::rofl:

Most of my savings are now in Tandem anyway :+1:

1 Like