Starling Bank hidden payments

I’m on the latest Android app and there’s definitely no option to hide card payments. Seems strange as I thought they generally had feature parity between the Android and iOS apps.

I don’t know if there’s some confusion going on here, but this doesn’t have anything to do with hiding card payments because afaik, you couldn’t do that anyway.

My issue was as previously stated, I’ve got several now defunct recurring payments and a couple of old direct debits that unless I choose to use the ‘hide’ function, they just sit there, visible. My point to Starling was, just remove them, delete them because there’s no point in them being there. Their answer was that their tech team said it isn’t possible to delete them.

I meant recurring card payments. I’ve never seen an old Direct Debit - for me, when they’re gone, they’re gone.

2 Likes

We need screenshots!

Lol! now I’m even confusing myself!

Sorry, all of the payments I’ve ‘hidden’ are former recurring payments, well, not all, two are payments that were somehow classed as recurring payments, but never were. So Dan, yes, you are correct, once old direct debits have been deleted, they’re deleted and they aren’t visible.

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads up, @Topsy2 . I’ve had 3 recurring card payments hidden for at least a couple of years and was about to contact Starling CS to see if they could be removed.

1 Like

Mind you MikeZ, it might still be worth sending a message in app asking if they can be deleted. You never know, if they get enough people on their case all asking for the same thing, instead of saying ‘It can’t be done’, they might think, ‘Oh, maybe it can be done, let’s look into it’. Of course I wouldn’t be holding my breath on that.

AFAIK on Android you can’t even hide them, if you can, I for sure can’t find out how lol

It’s not very convenient, but since Starling interest rn is garbage I’m with Barclays anyways

So they’ve simply removed the recurring payments on android so it’s exactly the way it used to be.

All interest is currently garbage.

I thought you had an account with Starling? I’ve assumed that because of things you’ve said on the crypto thread? :face_with_monocle:

Looks so much tidier!

I didn’t mind the card payments, except I think they need to be separated from direct debits, and some logic applied. If the card payment was from 2 years ago, do they really think it’s recurring?

3 Likes

Celsius Network 10%
Virgin Money 2.02%
Nationwide 2%

I do, I use it solely to pay money in because Barclays makes you use your PIN to do it and I can’t remember it (although it’s in my password manager)

1 Like

And how does one go about earning this 10 percent interest? I’m all ears…

The 2 percent is still garbage whatever way you paint it.

I’ll make a thread on it?

2 Likes

Go for it.

You can view your PIN in the Barclays app. Click more, then cards, then view PIN. Then you need the security code from your debit card.

1 Like

Yeah I can view my pin I know but I just never use it so I don’t bother unless I actively need to, my Starling card just stays locked in my jacket pocket until I go pay cash in once a week

1 Like

Not sure if required anymore but i had the same issue in the android app, no way to hide or delete “old” recurring DDs and recurring payments… This worked for me though, log into your Starling account from a PC and you can delete old payments that are not required from there… I have checked the app and they are no longer showing there… I had 5 payments from O2 showing …all gone now

1 Like

I for one would like a tutorial on how to achieve what you have done. I have five defunct ‘recurring’ payments which are no longer ‘recurring’ and which I choose to ‘hide’ in my payments list. I have logged onto Starling on my PC and there is no option for me that I can see to delete these five old payments, so if you have found a way to do this, please share exactly what you did. Some of these payments have been one off PayPal payments and now they’re just pointlessly stuck there.

I have previously spoken to Starling CS about this and they informed me that even they cannot remove them, they are effectively there forever. The advice was to ‘hide’ them. Seems a bit daft if you ask me that old recurring payments even the ones misidentified by Starling’s system as ‘recurring’ when they are not, cannot be deleted permanently.

1 Like

AFAIK you have a right to request they remove authorisations for payments that are on your account.

In reality, I’ve explicitly asked them to remove these authorisations and my app still shows them as recurring.

1 Like