Starling - general thread

Who complained? :joy:

7 Likes

A good decision. Even if it’s taken forever. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

6 Likes

Me! As hips as these tech companies think they are with those sorts of release notes, they don’t actually tell you anything about the update!

Atom Bank were by far the worst offender though, but they acknowledged and reacted to the feedback with a lot more haste.

5 Likes

I enjoy the weekly release notes for YNAB. I think they get the balance about right. There’s going to be efficiency changes or things that are commercially sensitive which firms prefer not be mention, but the same old same old release notes each week wear a bit thin.

3 Likes

They always say that. Nothing ever happens

2 Likes

Seems they failed

Nooooooo !!! :scream:

It was in the Android notes that they said that :rofl: to be fair

2 Likes

And ios as well note wise for the update. :joy:

1 Like

Another starling update and update notes are still a load of nonsense

1 Like

What’s amazing is that often they do actually make visible changes or changes to how something visibly works and they still don’t tel anyone

5 Likes

It winds me up. I’ve been waiting patiently the last 6 months for Atom to start rolling out their new design. Nothing. Queried it, and it turns out they’ve been gradually rolling it out this whole time and didn’t bother to put it in the release notes, and I don’t go on the app enough to notice.

2 Likes

Has anyone else had this I have these two transactions that show in my feed as reversed but in the pdf statement they show as leaving the account and the statement for January doesn’t show them as being returned so there is a discrepancy between them

2 Likes

The worst thing about the release notes on the version history, is that most of them are just a copy and paste job from either the previous version or a version several versions before. I don’t know why Starling bother with the notes, they’re pointless bordering on stupid and just take the professional edge off which is otherwise a very good bank imo.

And for those that give a damn, v2.31.0 is the latest on the street with cut and paste notes from versions 2.28.0, 2.27.0, 2.15.0 :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Another starling update with the useful update notes!!

2 Likes

Is there a way to find out when updates are released apart from looking on the App Store or someone on here telling us? Seems a bit haphazard. R-

It seems to be once a week usually. On iOS at least I think it adds an indicator when it updates on the icon

2 Likes

Thanks @Eden, I’ll keep an eye out for it. R-

2 Likes

Anyone know if you can’t get statements emailed to you?

Is quite like to automate the backup of my statements

Don’t think that’s possible. You could automate that via the API though

2 Likes