Starling - general thread

Yeah the API has a download statement function, I may have a look at that then.

3 Likes

Just when I thought their Marketplace was dead…

3 Likes

Must say I thought it was dead also, but I’m guessing Starling are thinking along the lines of “we already have it, can’t hurt to bring peoples pensions to Starling when they’re paying us for that access anyways”

1 Like

Just going through my account feed and noticed they are no longer showing declined or reversed transactions anymore maybe this was confusing a lot of people

1 Like

Same with Revolut too. Active card checks don’t show at all for me now.

2 Likes

Declined transactions are showing for me. Wednesday 2 February I’ve got:
Chip and PIN required.
This transaction was declined because Chip and PIN is required. This is required every so often for your security.

And yesterday I’ve got:
Insufficient funds
This card payment was unsuccessful as there was not enough money in your account

I’m actually very puzzled about that last one though. It was for my bus fare and there was enough money in my account. The bus ticket shows that I paid the fare and I only got the notification a while later. The entry above is showing on my account/transaction feed

2 Likes

Strange as I had these transactions showing as recently as last week and now not showing anywhere

1 Like

this is interesting Starling vs Monzo: the overdraft showdown ✌️

i personally hate the Starling overdraft system

1 Like

Tada ! :tada::partying_face:

Woo. Must go buy an ipad :rofl::joy:

2 Likes

Thank goodness!
Their “yo update” release notes seriously irritated me.

1 Like

Back the the cryptic update notes again!!

1 Like

Too good to be true, eh?

3 Likes

One update or two with meaningful information we are likely to have with update notes.

1 Like

Android updates are still good.

3 Likes

The tone is just weird though. I don’t really want a comedy piece about breakups just because you can now delete payees. Why is it so hard to write some boring old release notes?!

1 Like

I have to admit, Starling’s stupid infantile update notes have got on my breasticles from day one. For the most part, they’re often completely unnecessary. I can’t believe Starling actually pay someone to sit down and dream that carp up and pay them to do it. But then this is the 21st century and we live in a very strange world these days.

A post was split to a new topic: Oversee card fees

Oooohh! I’ve just had my monthly interest from Starling, another whopping 12 whole pence!

I do wish they’d give over and do something useful with such pitiful amounts like donate it to charity or something because getting less than £2 per annum on an account with an average monthly balance of £3k is just pathetic. I’d genuinely rather not receive it.

Why?

As Tesco used to say, every little helps!