Starling - general thread

I mean Snow is more of a winter thing rather than Festive or Christmas so its good. Plus the app icon change isn’t forced. Though I suppose for some would prefer to have a toggle to keep the app standard. Chase hasn’t brought back their snow theme for this year for some reason or other. Maybe they are focused on not going down this december. lol

My app has just updated -

2 Likes

Intriguing - not showing for me on iOS yet.

1 Like

Rolling out in stages apparently. A server-side switch on rather than an actual app update, I think. I am also waiting impatiently…

Unless you need to use a virtual card right now, what’s the rush? :man_shrugging:

I’ll take a look when it arrives on android, but no immediate requirement for one. Possibly in about 10 days time though :thinking:

This is what I thought but then I selected a Space, then Manage, and there was an option to create a virtual card for that Space.

1 Like

Not showing for me on iOS either

It’s there in my Android app now.

Na. Still nothing in mine.

1 Like

Nothing for me on Android yet. They have done this several times in the past… gradual roll out of new features. Possibly to limit the impact of any issues found when it’s first released.

5 Likes

This is really cool. Being able to lump debit card and direct debit bills into the same space will be really helpful.

Now if they just offered a savings account with a better rate than 0.05% they’d be almost perfect.

1 Like

I heard they’re working on actual saving products.

My biggest gripe with Starling has always been that they seem to be very quick on cutting interest rates but very slow with raising them again

I’m not interested in a savings account. Would just prefer them to increase the interest rate on your balance.

Am I right in thinking I can add to my euro account at weekends?

I’m blowed if I can see how to do it (and I’m in France).

Yes - go into the Payments tab and it should show the accounts that you can transfer between at the top of the screen.

2 Likes

Thanks @MikeZ (idiot is the term you’re searching for :flushed:).

1 Like

Not at all :slight_smile: I still forget where things are in the Starling app (and Monzo). I’m just getting old…

Don’t get me started….:joy:

1 Like

Not showing for me yet either (and I’ve updated the app twice in the last 4 days).

But I’m patient

2 Likes

I think this is a server-side toggle, so it shouldn’t need an app update. You should just see it when they make it available to you. I’m also waiting for it!

2 Likes