Subscription services

Yesterday evening I found out I could use AppleTv+ with no active subscription . I don’t know how this is happening as my last six months trial expired in November 2021.
I wanted to activate the EE add on for 6 months but on checking it was working with no issues.
Is anyone else having something similar?

What’s on Apple TV - anything good?

I haven’t really browsed that much, there’s just one anime that my little one liked.

For All Mankind. Greyhound. The Banker. Pachinko. Severance. Ted Lasso.

Lots of good options, but not content overload with all the crap Netflix and Amazon pump out.

3 Likes

I think we’re binning Netflix off once Better Call Saul finishes.

1 Like

Is there anyone else here who subscribes to…nothing ? Frankly, with the catchup services, and what’s available for free (Youtube, Spotify) etc, I feel I have no need of any of the dubious goods on offer.

I admire your hardiness. Do the adverts on Spotify in particular not do your head in?

I basically can’t listen to radio any more, even the BBC ones I just find the personalities completely annoy me. The car defaults to Smooth Chill because they only have one ~4 min ad break at the top of each hour, but even then I’ll generally shove my phone in and listen to Spotify via Android Auto if I’m going to be driving more than 10 mins.

Not really - more annoying on Youtube, but not so much so that I would pay the premium. But for TV ? Even less of a chance

Just get Tidal or Spotify via a VPN. £1.50 for a family streaming pass is far more tolerable vs ads in my book.

Way easy to avoid on YouTube. But horses for courses as with all these things.

My mom and my dad. Neither of them have anything other than Freeview. But they are of the generation of three channels originally.

I’m of that generation as well - Channel 4 didn’t come till I was well into my teens. 65 channels of TV, plus numerous catch ups, plus a Roku Express and a Firestick is plenty enough for me.

1 Like

Spotify is a subscription I will never cancel. I used to say the same about Netflix but I’ve cancelled that now as there’s not usually anything I really want to watch these days.

I’ve done this with YouTube. It works for Spotify as well? Any particular country?

I use Tidal personally and that’s Argentina. I’ve heard Spotify Phillipines works but maybe try Argentina as well.

Perhaps use a proton email rather than gmail seems to be better for geo blocking.

This topic was automatically closed after 180 days. New replies are no longer allowed.