Switch Bonus

£130 bonus for switching to Santander

https://www.santander.co.uk/personal/support/current-accounts/switching?cid=soc_br_tw_ca_123adult_switcher_5048_sep_21

1 Like

I’d need £1300 to move back to them :joy:

3 Likes

Is there any chance we can have just one Switching Bonus thread, rather than a new stump of a discussion for every one, please?

4 Likes

This is a good idea!

@Mathew Could you merge this with the Lloyds Post?

To put a counterpoint, having a separate thread per bank switching offer might be better than having one massive thread which covers them all - as content will get lost in it and individuals will have to read posts which are no no relevance to them to instead of just muting those that don’t apply to them

3 Likes

This is a valid point also.

What it we had a pinned post that was only covering the current switch offers?

2 Likes

Well there are three on the go at the moment.

Nationwide
Lloyds
Santander

Add RBS to that list too.

2 Likes

For santander, existing customers have to make a branch appointment. Wtf? Very weird. I wonder if it’s actually easier to open a second current account instead…

Plus the payout takes forever - a month at least

1 Like

It seems some banks don’t offer online switching post-account opening. I know Santander and HSBC do it this way anyway.

Probably better opening a second account and using it as a ‘switcher account’.

Just seen HSBC have a £110 plus a £30 Uber Eats or Dining Gift Out card offer for new Advance and Premier customers.

1 Like

Most do, and often it’s actually simpler as a process once the account is already open. Halifax/Lloyds and Nationwide all offer just a simple form. Barclays allow you to start a switch using their app.

First Direct require phoning up, I think (but then they do for lots of things anyway, given their origins as a telephone bank).

2 Likes

Exactly what I did when I found out that I could not get a branch appointment for weeks!

2 Likes

That’s nice – I might do it for the initial £100 as it doesn’t require me to set up a new account. Don’t think I’d do 10 debit card purchases a month though as I mostly spend on credit cards

2 Likes

HSBC do online switching post account opening - I’ve done it at least twice. I never went into an HSBC branch at all while I had accounts with them.

1 Like

Just applied for a Select account in order to CASS my last spare Virgin Money account.

Process was okay, however, if anyone else does it, ensure that you record the account details reserved for you as they disappear once you proceed to ID check. Basic error on my part there.

Just need to wait again now.

1 Like

In fact, 60 days before they’ll check you’re eligible, then 30 days after that before they’ll pay out. Eugh

1 Like

I can wait :grin:

It will just be to cover their backs, they will likely be much faster.

1 Like

Your point is valid but at the moment half the forum is switching/sign up bonuses.