Tesco Clubcard Pay

Fair enough, I know you did.

At a guess, I would imagine they ask more questions to have a higher degree of confidence in matching your credit file correctly but also maybe getting an insight into your financial situation to make it easier to cross-sell you other products at Tesco Bank (if they have the necessary information already, they can offer virtually instant applications for them).

My Clubcard Pay card arrived today. Here’s what you get…

Quite nice quality packaging compared to most, I must say.

2 Likes

Can you show the blacked out numbers I am a visual learner

I’d rather them just support a contactless clubcard in Apple Wallet and Google Pay than mess around with things like this.

Ironically, the FAQs in the clubcard app still say that this is how it works :roll_eyes:.

2 Likes

Fake news!

It could be a leak that they actually are working on that functionality, unless it’s just a misunderstanding.

It’s been like that for years unfortunately :frowning:

I’ve been thinking this for a while too… especially given the standard is there and widely used in other places!

1 Like

It’s mad that it’s only Nando’s that are using it in the UK!

3 Likes

Anyone else see the email today saying that Clubcard Pay is going to be renamed Clubcard Pay+ from later this month?

Bit of an odd move I think…

1 Like

Are they finally streamlining Pay+, Clubcard, Groceries and Clubcard Pay?!

It doesn’t look like it - just renaming Clubcard Pay.

Which you could say is very confusing only shortly after it’s launched and straight after sending Tesco Bank current account holders a letter telling them they could use Clubcard Pay instead.

Not to mention the potential for confusion with their many other products with a plus in the name!

3 Likes

Did someone mention “Forward Planning”? :man_facepalming: :rofl:

2 Likes

They did the same thing when Tesco Pay+ first launched, too.

It was called PayQwick, or something like that, for about 6 months at the beginning!

2 Likes

I just recently signed up for the Clubcard Pay+, activated the card and used it twice at Tesco but the double bonus points in the promotional period of 3 months are nowhere to be seen.
Another confusing thing is when I select to pay with Clubcard Pay+ I am asked to scan bar code from my clubcard Pay+ card. My visa debit card has no bar code to scan.
How do I go about this?

1 Like

The bonus points are credited a few days later by Tesco Bank, you should see them if you log on to your Clubcard Account and look in the Points section then look at the current statement period.

The Barcode is for Tesco Pay+ (a service which lets you pay at Tesco and ‘swipe’ your Clubcard with the scan of a barcode, using any debit or credit card), which is different from Tesco Clubcard Pay+.

You can sign up for Tesco Pay+ and enroll your Tesco Clubcard Pay+ debit card if you wish, it’s no simpler than just tapping your debit card twice tho.

1 Like

The Pay+ wording is then confusing. I don’t subscribe to their paid Pay+ plan.
So this means I only need to scan the Clubcard Pay+ visa card and that’s it, right?
Thanks

That’s Clubcard Plus, which is a different thing aswell :wink:

Clubcard Pay+ and Pay+ are both free services.

3 Likes

Wait a moment, Pay+ and Clubcard Pay+ are two different things? I have Tesco Clubcard Pay+ From Tesco bank.
Thank you Tesco for this confusion

1 Like

Yes, it’s very confusing.

Pay+ is just an app that links any debit card to your clubcard and you pay for your shopping at Tesco by scanning the QR code on the app. It automatically charges you the reduced clubcard prices and adds the points to your clubcard account.

Clubcard Pay+ is the prepaid debit card from Tesco Bank that you have to load with money, but you can use it as a debit card anywhere. It’s linked to your Clubcard so that you collect points at the same time.

Clubcard Plus is a scheme where you pay £7.99 per month and you get a 10% discount off your in store shopping twice a month.

Only Tesco know why they decided to call three different things very similar names. I think it’s stupid.

3 Likes

To confuse things further Tesco Pay + is also from Tesco Bank :wink:

It really is a bit of mess to be honest. If you are (only) using Clubcard Pay+ you can safely ignore anything to do with barcode scanning or paying £7.99 a month.

3 Likes